The "RuMR Tries To Piss Off Everyone" Thread

RuMR

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If climbing were that dangerous there wouldn't be climbing gyms. You guys make is sound like every time you touch rock you're staring death in the face. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm going to the wrong places, but I don't think most Gyms have included the "objective hazard" option to their walls yet, you know?

head injuries seem to be more prevalent in down-hill snow sports than in sport climbing or bouldering, yet i don't know of any resort that enforces a helmet policy; am i mistaken here? if head injuries were prevalent, i would assume that liability issues would force the adoption of helmet policies across the board.

having climbed for quite a few years, i know of very few (one?) head injuries, and only from alpine trad climbing. i don't recall a single head injury from sport climbing or bouldering. if one wishes to wear a helmet, that's awesome, but to denigrate others for not following suit seems a bit over-reaching.

if someone has relevant stats on this subject, i'd love to see them.... it could be that wearing a helmet while driving a car to the crag would be more in order, statistically speaking, but if this is not the case, please inform me....

and, after having recently been graced with the birth of a baby daughter, this subject will probably be even more relevant to me in the near future (right now i'm so paranoid that i barely can handle her being taken to the crag, for fear of a quick draw being dropped on her head!).

first off, CONGRATS man! that's awesome...

secondly, kids, particularly some more than others don't necessarily fall the way an adult does...

let me just say that my son, age 9, recently made an onsight attempt of a route (damn near had it) but fell off with his foot behind the rope going right...long sideways swinging arc, scraped several of his stickers on the side of his helmet...now any of you mothers want to tell me that helmet was unnecessary? Plus i can guarantee you that kid has one of the better lead heads out there, adult or kid, and physical capabilities to match...

yeah, that's right...do what you want with your kid, but mine's wearing his helmet when we are outside...

Edited by RuMR

head injuries seem to be more prevalent in down-hill snow sports than in sport climbing or bouldering, yet i don't know of any resort that enforces a helmet policy; am i mistaken here? if head injuries were prevalent, i would assume that liability issues would force the adoption of helmet policies across the board.

having climbed for quite a few years, i know of very few (one?) head injuries, and only from alpine trad climbing. i don't recall a single head injury from sport climbing or bouldering. if one wishes to wear a helmet, that's awesome, but to denigrate others for not following suit seems a bit over-reaching.

if someone has relevant stats on this subject, i'd love to see them.... it could be that wearing a helmet while driving a car to the crag would be more in order, statistically speaking, but if this is not the case, please inform me....

and, after having recently been graced with the birth of a baby daughter, this subject will probably be even more relevant to me in the near future (right now i'm so paranoid that i barely can handle her being taken to the crag, for fear of a quick draw being dropped on her head!).

first off, CONGRATS man! that's awesome...

secondly, kids, particularly some more than others don't necessarily fall the way an adult does...

let me just say that my son, age 9, recently made an onsight attempt of a route (damn near had it) but fell off with his foot behind the rope going right...long sideways swinging arc, scraped several of his stickers on the side of his helmet...now any of you mothers want to tell me that helmet was unnecessary? Plus i can guarantee you that kid has one of the better lead heads out there, adult or kid, and physical capabilities to match...

yeah, that's right...do what you want with your kid, but mine's wearing his helmet when we are outside...

Rudy, I'm not saying that helmets are unneccessary. I'd never let my daughter climb without one. What I'm saying is, you're a dickhead, -- calling this other guy a dumbass just because he was excited about taking his daughter out for her first lead and didn't put a helmet on her. He said he learned his lesson about the helmet, and said he bought one for her, but still you have to create this post here to shit all over him and his accomplishment. It's almost like you're making sure everyone knows how much cooler you and your kid are. You're always better than everyone else, aren't you? Can't let anybody else be excited about their kids, you've got to call them a dumbass and roll your eyes at them. You don't know anything about this guy, or his relationship with his daughter or what kind of guidance he gave her (or not) about watching the rope around her leg. You're a douche, and you can suck it.

Rob, fuck off...mmmmkay?

if he didn't want comments, he shouldn't have posted...and i will comment when i see fit...much like your dumbass self is doing this way, eh?

Yeah Rob. Don't you know you're supposed criticize RuMR on another message board?

I always make my kids wear helmets on their bike. That's why I hunt out people on the internet who don't, so I can make sure everyone knows how much better I am than they are.

Shouldn't this be in POPE'S NEW MOUNTAIN BIKE FORUM

FANBOI WIN

god....i love seeing pages of kevbone's drivel with just this

*** You are ignoring this user ***

Toggle the display of this post

It just brings a smile to me! Especially poignant is when pinkeye and kevboned are discussing who knows what and all i see is this: