The "RuMR Tries To Piss Off Everyone" Thread

RuMR

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my kids get interested in this nonsense, I'll teach them how to proceed safely. What I'd worry more about is whether they'd be able to find climbing partners who meet my standards for safety. And even then, I find rock climbers generally aren't the kind of people I'd want around my kids. Too little regard for ethical and environmental considerations, too much weed, very poorly developed sense of responsibility and commitment.
...and prone to too much spray... ;)

:fahq:, RuMR! My first kid will know how to place gear by his/her eleventh birthday... However, they will not climb anything where they would need to use the stuff. The idea here is to EXPOSE THEM EARLY! Get it in their heads so it starts churning around and they start to think about it and wonder why everything works the way it does. I won't put a kid out on the rock with a rack and say, "this is how you place this piece and this is how you place that piece... Now go to it." because that is the wrong time in their lives to try that sort of thing. Naw, I'm going to make them understand everything they can so when they are 19 they will be old hand at the stuff and ready to try it if I ask them if they want to. At such a young age, as you are talking about, they don't understand anything - they barely know why they wipe their own asses! But the longer they spend doing something, the more they are around it, the more EXPOSURE they have to something - ANYTHING - the better their attention to it later in life. My kids will respect the opinions of others and when they climb (if they want to climb, that is) they will do so with every confidence because they were taught by someone who knew already and had experience with the stuff. My kids will be respectful, safe and knowledgeable climbers - if they want to be - before they get out there on their own because then and only then will I know that they know what they are doing. I don't trust teenagers to try to learn anything on their own without at least the slightest bit of guidance. Tis better to teach them early and have it working in their heads for all those years than to hope and pray they figure it out when they get on their own and don't want dad to tell them what to do anymore. Hell, I might get my kid speaking french and italian at an early age too so he/she could go live in Chamonix to get away from arrogant Seattleites like yourself! Perhaps you should spend some time trying to teach your 9-year-old a little respect for others opinions and a little less time on the rock so he/she doesn't turn into a douchbag/bitch sprayer like yourself! They might live longer as climbers, though if they remain like you, who the hell knows. My kids might end up having to rescue/recover yours. Yeah, OBVIOUSLY I've never had any experience with kids... What the hell do you know? Nope, never mind... I don't want to risk exposing the rest of this forum to your idiocy. Though, inevitably, it will come... What you got to say now? I'm sure it is just brilliant and full of useful parenting information... :rolleyes:

oh kenny, sweetie pie...did i hurt your wittle feelings???

"So they're teaching kids how mindlessly easy it is to clip bolts?!? What a waste of time! Teach them something useful, like how to slot a nut, or cam a hex. I could teach a monkey to clip a bolt..."

whole lotta respect there, buddy....

douchebag...i doubt your kids will be rescuing mine anytime soon :rolleyes:

"So they're teaching kids how mindlessly easy it is to clip bolts?!? What a waste of time! Teach them something useful, like how to slot a nut, or cam a hex. I could teach a monkey to clip a bolt..."

You know only what you want to believe... I pity you!

You know only what you want to believe... I pity you!

thanks...

do enlighten me sometime...

Edited by RuMR

RuMR,

It really bothers me when others try to tell me about how I should or should not raise my son and daughter.

I never say it, but I really want to call them all “stupid”.

But I guess the reality is they are not raising children.

I have seen many of your posts over the past few years and can draw some basic assumptions. 1.) You are a normal person. 2.) You are a loving and caring parent. 3.) You know what is best for your children and doing a great job!

Keep it up.

RuMR,

It really bothers me when others try to tell me about how I should or should not raise my son and daughter.

I never say it, but I really want to call them all “stupid”.

But I guess the reality is they are not raising children.

I have seen many of your posts over the past few years and can draw some basic assumptions. 1.) You are a normal person. 2.) You are a loving and caring parent. 3.) You know what is best for your children and doing a great job!

Keep it up.

thank you kind sir...personally, though, i do have a very hard time watching someone put a child into a position to get hurt...i always feel that if one can prevent something bad happening to a child, then speak up...adults, well, they are on their own, but children have only us for help or guidance...

discipline, and other stuff along those lines, i stay out of it...but physical harm or injury, i try to mention something...not in your face, just "suggesting"...that was the point of my initial post...i just can't imagine sending a child up without a helmet and some instruction on ropes behind legs, etc...seemed the height of irresponsibility with very real potential for both short term and long term damage to the child...

RUMR is an assmuncher

pretty much...can't you do better than that???

hey...when are you taking your kids to the club???

kids don't belong in night clubs. They should wait till they are 21 or older, and really should wait their they are a little more mature...like 26 or so.