New to Seattle and easing back in

Sophia

Hi! I'm new to Seattle and trying to ease back into climbing after a couple of years off. I basically know how to climb but I need to get back into shape and brush up on my technique. Would love to get out cragging on weekends and possibly squeeze in an alpine/mountaineering trip before the end of the season. Some basic info about my experience is below but feel free to ask anything you're interested in knowing.

Rock: I've only been outside once this year (so only once since 2007) to x38 and seem fine up to 5.8 (lead) and so-so on 5.9/10. Although I don't have my trad gear here (I have a rope, draws, etc. but need to get a new trad rack...long story), I was getting into trad back east (all our local rock was trad) so I also wouldn't mind getting out on some trad routes. I'm not sure how I'll do on trad lead, but following is fine.

Alpine/Mountaineering: Between '03 and '07, I pretty much made the rounds on the typical easy/moderate mountaineering routes around the world. In the Cascades, I've climbed Rainier (Emmons/Liberty Ridge), Baker (Coleman-Deming/North Ridge) and Shuksan. Wouldn't mind going back to one of those since I'm trying to get back into it but would be more interested in some lower ridge routes or something a little different. Will consider anything though. I'm not going to particularly fast but should be able to whip my butt into good enough shape within the next month to be solidly average. :)

Let me know if you have something specific in mind or are just looking for a partner in general. Unfortunately, I'm a corporate slob so I'm limited to long weekends and some vacation.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic