New Shit has Come to Light - 47 new pitches!

shapp

No he didn't:

As the dude would say, "new shit has come to light" in this case 47 new pitches!

All goat ropers and goat gropers may want to check out

http://www.rcnw.net/forums/index.php?showforum=41 for some new stuff in the Other Areas forum

The D-Town Masters of Moss

Found a Crag without Choss

With multipitch goodnoss

To delight them!

Edited from origional message as suggested by Hanman: topos attached to save download bandwidth on Daryls website, download the topo here, check daryls site for discussions.

4074.pdf

Edited by shapp

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all that have helped up there! Excuse the relatively low fi info, but it should suffice to get one pointed in the right direction. While a bit further to get to than than the typical DTown stuff, it has it's own character, with steeper terrain on well featured gneiss the norm. Keep in mind that these are not sport routes, gear is required on nearly all pitches established thus far.

Have fun and climb safe- :brew:

Mark Hanna

Climbed there for a day a couple falls ago (Oct 07?).

Good stuff!

The Other Side of the Tracks was highly reminisent of Condormoraphine Addiction in Leavenworth. Similar grade, length and style of climbing. Seemed like it should become quite popular.

Trophy Wife was another excellent pitch sitting all by it's lonesome surrounded by thick matts of moss. This route will need some serious traffic to prevent it from disappearing back into the green. Well worth doing.

The little spring at the base of the cliff was also really cool.

Nice place. Definitely worth a visit. These guys put in some serious effort cleaning that stuff up.

Darin

t_rutl, we are not talking Index here, but a totally new crag near Darrington.

The majority of the props should go to Hanman as he found it and has done the most work.

gotcha...the original link ran to the Index article which was news to me

but props to Hanman and his crew tho! :tup:

Hey there Catbird- long time no see-

Erocktica descent is best done by raps. While vertical moss fest lovers would enjoy the traverse to the walk off, the consequences of a fall are somewhat severe ::skull::

It does go to the top, but I don't know the rating (perhaps 5.8?)

MH

Headed up there today to check out the new area (even though there was some guy blocking the road a mile and half from the trailhead).

Not getting an early start, we did "the other side of the tracks." Although the first pitch was a little mossy, p2 and p3 were very clean and offered spectacular climbing. The last two pitches had a little moss, but were mostly clean as well.

Some of the other lines are looking like they are getting some travel as well and there is definitely a lot of route potential up there still. Go check it out!

Thanks everyone that found the new area and put up some fun lines :brew:

So Mountainmatt, it was you who we met there today. Sorry I didn't get to shake your hand.

Mark and I had a fine time on Erocktica even though we weren't as swift as you guys were. Was it you folks who did the brushing on the way out? If so, thanks a bunch!

To elaborate in the road repair operation, the road closure only adds 20 min or so to the approach. The trail takes about 20 min. This is one of the most easy and pleasant approaches I've done. The forest is quite enjoyable.

Hey CBS,

Yeah that was us over on the other side of the tracks. Nice to see some other people checking out the lines up there. After doing the first route, we knew we would be back, so we spent a little time making it easier / possible to walk around. Not perfect, but its a start. We will have to chat next time I see you up there :)

Thanks! I made the map up in Illustrator. I think people should definitely check the area out, so I made a little map to make sure people found it. I would do some of the hand drawn topos, but alas I would like to keep my day job.

We definitely did some brush clearing up there, but more could still be done. If you are heading up and you have some small clippers or a mini hand saw, you might throw them in the pack.

Lots of route potential up there if you are looking to put up some FAs...