July Bugs or Wind River Trip Partner Wanted

TimL

I have the month of July off to climb without a partner so I’m looking to take a trip to either the Winds or the Bugs for a week or so. I’m probably looking at the somewhere around the second two weeks of July give or take a couple of days but the dates aren’t really important. I just have to be back on august 1st.

If we are talking about the Bugs, I’ve been there twice and this time I'd really like to climb Sunshine Crack on Snowpatch and the Beckey-Chouinard on South Howser. I haven't done Surf's Up or Paddle flack yet either. I’m open to doing other routes as well.

I’ve never been to the Winds, so I’d be cool with ticking off the classics and climbing as much as possible.

Looking for somebody who is motivated, has alpine experience and can lead/follow fairly quickly.

I’m pretty relaxed. I’m looking to have a good time and climb a lot. I’ve been climbing for a while now all over the place and besides pure frictions slabs, there is not much I can’t get up.

I still have about three weeks until I get to the States but PM me if interested and we can chat.

Edited by TimL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim's a strong climber, a safe partner, and a great guy. We did my first alpine climb together last summer because he couldn't find anyone with alpine experience to take a real trip with. Though I'm sure he was disappointed at not finding an experienced partner, he was pretty chill about it.

Hope you find someone experienced to get out to the Bugs or the Winds this summer, Tim.

I got photos for you for our trip. My feet still hurt from walking into Cathedral. Bro, your as real as it gets. Anyone who can deal with the mosquitos we dealt with is hardcore. Hope school went well this past year. Lets chat!

Hi - A friend just forwarded your post to me - I am looking to take exactly the type of trip that you describe to either the Bugs or the WRR. I am unemployed for the month of July, at the last minute, and would love to put together a trip with you. Give me a call at 2063548518 and we can chat. I currently just climbed Denali and am out of rock climbing shape, but will be back in shape by July after a few weeks in the gym and at that point I'll be able to lead 5.9 trad pretty solidly and maybe some 5.10. I can follow higher grades.