who sells wild country trigger kits??????

powderhound

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have fixed a couple of my cam (wild country and BD) triggers by going to West Marine (or other boating supply store) and picking up cable, swages and some stiff wire. You can make them fit any size and make of cam. Just need a pair of pliers with the small crimping notch in them. The replacement triggers have held up better then the ones from the factory.

IMHO thecamdoctor is pretty second rate way to fix your cams.

Wait until you go to Squamish or something and drop them off at Valhalla Pure for a good job by your local climbing bum who has the right tools...

Really? I bet you can't tell the difference between a factory swage and a swage set with the kit IF the person repairing spent some time to do it right.

I have fixed a couple of my cam (wild country and BD) triggers by going to West Marine (or other boating supply store) and picking up cable, swages and some stiff wire. You can make them fit any size and make of cam. Just need a pair of pliers with the small crimping notch in them. The replacement triggers have held up better then the ones from the factory.
The smallest swage fitting that West Marine sells is 1/8". You want 3/32". You can get that at WW Grainger. You can order online or over the phone and they will get you the cable and fittings very quickly and for cheap. This stuff is used by model airplane hobbyists so it is quite common and available.

a while back Dylan Taylor posted about using weedwack wire as a replacement for triggers. I did one of my cams like that and it has worked out well now for some 3 or 4 years. No special tools other than a knife and a lighter. It won't work for all cams but it will work for camalots, u stem cams and maybe more. It all depends on how the wire is attached to the trigger. It should work with rigid stem friends.

here are my photos that are in the gallery of my cam. Sorry about the focus and the lack of posting skills to get it on this post. (I couldn't find the sticky to help with posting photos??)

http://cascadeclimbers.com/plab/showphoto.php?photo=46845

http://cascadeclimbers.com/plab/showphoto.php?photo=46846

Edited by genepires

The smallest swage fitting that West Marine sells is 1/8". You want 3/32". You can get that at WW Grainger. You can order online or over the phone and they will get you the cable and fittings very quickly and for cheap. This stuff is used by model airplane hobbyists so it is quite common and available.

wow... good thing I know that I am a 32nd off... I am going to re-do all my repairs now...