Media Bias or J_B Says It's Just Common Sense

Peter_Puget

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. If we are going to stay on topic, all the major news agencies have turned into ass kissing puppets. Some kiss the right. Some kiss the left. All of them are entertainment oriented as apposed to news oriented.

The days of Marrow and Cronkite are long gone.

Now it is Murdock and Turner.

Bleck!

OK. If we are going to stay on topic, all the major news agencies have turned into ass kissing puppets. Some kiss the right. Some kiss the left. All of them are entertainment oriented as apposed to news oriented.

Bleck!

fuck the news! climb!

Bleck!

fuck the news! climb!

:tup:

Newsweek editor Evan Thomas brought adulation over President Obama’s Cairo speech to a whole new level on Friday, declaring on MSNBC: "I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."

linky

Ya, didn't Hegel view Napoleon in the same light as being the representation of the "world-soul"?

Huh? wtf are you talking about PP? Newsweek isn't left wing if it's what you are insinuating. Obama's speech was smooth (per usual) but too vague to be meaningful. Anyway, it's not like his current policies give us reason to hope he is going to really change foreign policy: decrease soldiers in Iraq but increase mercenaries by 25% so far, favors a military solution in afghanistan/pakistan, unwavering support for Israel and its landgrabbing, yadda, yadda ... basically the rightwing playbook which ought to tell you something about Newsweek's silly characterisation of it.

Huh? wtf are you talking about PP? Newsweek isn't left wing if it's what you are insinuating. Obama's speech was smooth (per usual) but too vague to be meaningful. Anyway, it's not like his current policies give us reason to hope he is going to really change foreign policy: decrease soldiers in Iraq but increase mercenaries by 25% so far, favors a military solution in afghanistan/pakistan, unwavering support for Israel and its landgrabbing, yadda, yadda ... basically the rightwing playbook which ought to tell you something about Newsweek's silly characterisation of it.

basically the rightwing playbook which ought to tell you something about Newsweek's silly characterisation of it.

Hey JB, where can I git me one of them Right Wing Playbooks" you say Obama is running the country with? I dun checked Amazon and they must be out.

Dude, you need to curb all that! Newsweek has spoken:

ObamaJesus.jpg

From the linked article:

Then, this Sunday in the NYTimes, there was full-on chick-flick swooning over Barack and Michelle Obama's heavily scented "date night" in NY City and its high bar standard effect on our relationship culture, with just a hint of controversy over the taxpayer costs to add some spice. I swear I've seen this movie, only Michael Douglas was the President. Or Harrison Ford. Or one of those cool and languid characters you'd want to like you. George Bush needed to be beer-bar likable to get elected. His successor has managed to get a lot of people to want to be liked by him.

And in Paris, Mr. Obama talked about how he'd love to take his wife for a romantic tour of the City of Lovers, but couldn't. Then he did. I'm guessing some regular-Joe freedom fries weren't on the menu.

So this would probably be a good time for Him to start a war-of-choice?