Cascade Climbers Fall Megafest

Beck

mmm hmmm...more insightful comments from spew-lard. You know, there's another climber who posts here with whom you might make a good team...if you don't get into too many arguments about who can piss the furthest.

Happy belated b-day Lisa,

Can't wait for the shin-dig.

- E

[This message has been edited by EddieE (edited 08-02-2001).]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to bring your organizational skills to bear here. Does your boss at work know what a good little helper you really are?

Oh and Ed do name names. It's so much fun to point fingers isn't it?

[This message has been edited by Spray_Lord (edited 08-02-2001).]

wow, I gotta chime in here. Spray Lord is the type of climber and person we should all strive to be. Courteous, helpful, kind and tolerant. I think that we could all lern a lesson here, climbing is about more that being out in the mountains with your friends and having a good time. It's about being an asshole and condemning other climbers for not being on "par" with themselves. I'm sure that most of the pro climbers such as ed viesturs, greg child, conrad anker to name a few would appreciate and condone this attitude.

Bravo, Spray Lord!

I can't wait to meet you on a route, I'm sure to be atounded by your skill and courage.

WAY TO DROP NAMES. I bet you've never even met any of those people, and yet you claim to be able to speak for them? Do you associate yourself with them or are you merely trying to bring weight to bear that you yourself do not have? Those people make a living at climbing and in many ways they always have to put on the best face. How can you say what they really think and feel?

Never said a thing about ability did I? Maybe you should take that reading comprehension course over that you flunked. I think it was more about a clique developing that seems about on par with most climbing clubs around the area. Let's cram everybody into the Icicle for a weekend and flood the crags with obnoxious behaviour.

No, all the kudos go to you.

Wow!! way to Spray some sour grapes, spray lard, if you don't want to hang out with other climbers and have a good time this fall, please, do yourself a favor and don't go to such a dissappointing little shindig like the one we're planning here.

For those concerned about the possibility of this thing taking off, don't worry, if it gets too Bumbershoot everyone can just stop coming some year, who knows if it'll even fly. Let's worry about that hurdle later.

Also, if someone's worried about this being a "Revenge of the Nerds " situation, I think that if anyone has seen the caliber of some of the climbers that post here and/or have attended a Pub Fest would know this is not the case. Also, who cares? Do you climb to be cool, or do you climb to climb?

When I mentioned a possibility of this being bigger next year, that is my hope, any like minded forward thinking optimists may agree w/ me.

This year, no ads, no big hype, just beers bouldering and fun in the light of September's Blue Moon- Who's with me?

Beck

Thanks for the b-day greeting Eddie! I think a gathering of climbing enthusiasts under a full moon, on a crisp autumn weekend would be fabulous!! Cheers to Beck for keeping it going and not letting attitudes plague the event in progress.