Cascade Climbers Fall Megafest

Beck

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waiting for a call back from ticket master/deforest service booking agent on group campground availability in middle of sept. i will figure for about 500 people, cause once it is out i am sure that we won't be able tostop the mass exodous to the cc.com spray fest.

lambone, would you like give a clinic on creating an epic?! or maybe you can administer the pennicilian shots! cause i am sure drul will be there!

Erik, i don't recall if you were one of the climbers interested in putting on the big fest- are you into steering this one a little bit, i'm sure there's plenty of less than official places to host this one, but bouldering/cragging nearby is key, I guess-

let's see if any other feedback rolls in on this one.

Beck

yup, it's me! i tired to do the same thing last winter at my bro's compound in maple valley, but got little response. so i'll try it again. we can always camp for free at l-worth too, but we need to get some idea on what, who, when & where. plus i won't give any free camping details out over the internet, just cause my directions is like my beta sketchy and incoherant at best.

people!?

I think we need it to be in a place that's easy to find, actually, with vault toilets, running water and some power to hook up a huge stereo system and big barbeque pits- like a group campsite (official or otherwise) OUT THERE somewhere. Diablo Lake on N Cascades is beautiful but is pay sites, Just past Lake Wenatchee up canyon there's some free undeveloped sites by river, how about the kennedy hot springs trailhead(that place has huge lawn area)

or something off the Mountain Loop highway- I don't KNOW of any great group spots right near L-worth but I'm assuming there are out there- I guess picking a time is good, like second weekend in Sept? or what? would be a good first step-

Beck

Like I said in another thread. I've got a pickup garbage cans and I live close to Maritime Pacific. So I can fetch a couple kegs.

greenchainsaw.gif

PS I won't bring any chain saws

[This message has been edited by AlpineK (edited 07-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by AlpineK (edited 07-27-2001).]

Howabout D.j. shocked.gif brings the turntables and spins us some funk?

AlpineKthetwistedchainsawieldercanIgetalift?

Maybe it should be at the end of some logging road?

You know how them campground police are if we should be keeping them awake! mad.gif

Bridge Creek campground in Icicle Canyon, that sound pretty good, as for when, there's a full moon on Sept 2 or very close to the 30th (oct2 is the full moon, that'd put the moon in a great spot for the last weekend in Sept.- any consensus?

Okay, I will look into suitable spots, let's consider a Cascade Climbers Fall Mega Fest to be held September sept 28-30 at a locatation TBA. I will look into Bridge Creek Campground, we need to have a no fee backup location picked out- i know of a campground up past Lake Wenatchee that would put us 30 minutes out of Leavenworth if this sounds okay with all- no fee it's free.

Questions are- who wants to help bring this together to a successful shindig?

I think this can be pulled off with a little bit of effort from a couple party minded individuals- I see Alpine K is volunteering to be Beer Master, way to go K!

there are no-fee sites on usfs land up Eagle Creek, about a mile past the end of the pavement. The black-powder set has a Rendezvous up there every spring. Puts you about twenty minutes from the Icicle Canyon, but there is some lesser known cragging right on Eagle Creek. Plenty of privacy for doing whatever your party thing is, as long as you do it before hunting season opens...gets kinda busy when the deer-chasers are here. Superb mountain-biking, too.

Right on, Haireball! This definitely merits some checking out- hey, oo9 or anyone else want to go check it out this weekend, go scope the campsite and some bouldering, then on to L-worth for a cold frosty at the Old Post Office (Free Pool on Sundays!!!)

I've got a Wash Alpine Club work party to attend up @ Snoq Pass Saturday but can cut free after just a couple hours, I imagine, if anyone wants to go camp out in L-wurst Saturday night-

Beck

Be careful where you camp near L-worth. Twice at the campground before the bridge on HWY 2 the rangers videotaped us from the other side of the creek before busting us. This happened two years in a row. The first year they made us dump out about 40 cases of beer, the second we lost two kegs to these nazis. Do not register kegs to L-worth or get a banquet permit. We did and it didn't help us any. This has only happened when camping with a large, intoxicated group of people. So I'm sure nothing like this could happen to the well behaved members of this site. smile.gif

Hikerwa, are you going to the Pub Club tonite?

Erik, let's see if those yahoos who run the campsite reservations can accomodate our "bible study" group for that last weekend in September, I will stop in person to USFS office and get the skinny from a live person this weekend.

Thanks, Yossarian, for the heads up, we'll have to get the ducks all in a row to pull this off successfully, maybe at an actual campground that's been paid for we can have more success at avoiding the beer bust- If we need to go way remote like high school kids, let's just do that, pick a campground 1 kilometer from some trailhead- I volunteer to wheelbarrow the first keg in!

I'm going to reintroduce the idea of Mazama. 10 acres with plenty of room for camping, firepits, barbques, guaranteed good weather, allowed to make as much noise as you want, swimming in the river and it's free. I'm going to show Eric when we go over to climb Chianti or Burgandy Spire. Preliminary feedback requested!