Need Partner(s) - Rainier, Hood, etc - Summer 2009

Stime

Currently a volunteer climbing ranger at Mount Rainier. 23 years old, pretty strong (climbed rainier twice in the past 5 days), a competent climber, but inexperienced to a degree. Have 6 days off at a time and need some partners to get out in the northwest.

I've had crevasse rescue training and am comfortable doing 1-man, 2-man, or more person rescue scenarios. Trained WFR.

Would love to climb anything on Rainier (I don't mind doing laps on the easy routes) or other peaks in the PNW. Shoot me a PM or email me at srhotali at ncsu dot edu. I have some ideas in mind but always open for others.

- Scott

Edited by Stime

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stime,

If you don't mind hanging out with someone older (47), I'd join you on some climbs. Just summited Baker a couple of weeks ago, and have reached the top of most of the other NW peaks, Rainier included. I don't have any crevasse rescue training. Most of what I know I've learned is thru experience and research. Maybe you could teach me a thing or two while climbing. Mt. Stuart, and the NW ridge of Adams could be a good opportunity.

Edited by mtn.climber

Meeeeeeeeeee tooooooooooo!

I will 2nd Mntn. Climbers' post.

I'm also 47, pretty decent shape, just did Hood two weeks ago,(appreciated those trip reports, Stime!), and am looking to do more. Rainier was on the menu for this summer, and would also like to do Shuksan, maybe Baker, etc. etc. on and on it goes. Pretty limited with real, technical experience, but, wanting to gain it! Reading and trying to learn that way right now, but wanting to get out. Eager. Willing to buy beer post climb. Always ready to put safety first. Fun as well.

Went up Adams last Aug. very good climb. Made it to Camp Muir with a buddy on a fun hike, also in Aug.

Drop me a line, if you please.

Thanks, Don.

Hi Scott,

I'd love to do any route on Rainier, but I would prefer something off the main trail.. Also open to any suggestion in the Seattle-area from you locals..

I'm a 27 year old norwegian dlying into Seattle around mid-July.. was hoping to get as much climbing as possible done in a 2-3 week period. Would you be free and looking for someone to rope up with during that period?

Alex.

Hi Scott,

My climbing partners have all moved away and I really want to get out. I am unfortunately stuck with weekends but could possibly get a friday or a monday off around them. i would love to finally finish Rainier (weather pushed me back twice at 13.5) or get on some other peaks. I've been up most of the volcanoes and am comfortable on ice and rock. If you are out on a weekend and have a spot I would love to go.

jason

myself and two friends are wanting to do rainier at the end of summer (around august 20th) with someone who has some experience on the mountain. if any of you guys would like to accompany us, that would be just awesome. all of our experience is colorado 14ers (summer and winter), as well as a little of technical rock and ice climbing.

we are all 21-22 in age, seniors at A&M, in very good shape, and have all our own gear. really wanting to get this trip together, anyone interested let me know!

Hello Everybody..I want to do a summit attempt in Mt. Rainier during july 2-6 ( I got a long weekend there). Anybody looking for partners please mail me hididdy at gmail dot com.

I am 28 yrs and excellent physical condition. I do regular hikes

Hello EVERYONE! I really wanted to do Rainier this summer but it seems all my potential partners have hung up their gear and welcomed the summer.

I, however, would love to get up rainier. I am in good physical (and mental, lol!)shape. Haven't stopped doing all the NW peaks in the past few months (hood, shasta, sisters, adams, etc), but lack some of the technical skill. But I am really good at holding my own.

i am dying for someone to say the word and I would love to climb it. Better yet, ski it? Let me know what your agenda is.. and if you'd welcome another member.

Cheers, Tiia

If you're still looking, I'd be interested in anything really.

I'm 25 years old and in pretty good physical condition. I've climbed Mt Rainier twice and some peaks down in Argentina, and I have a pretty good selection of gear. I've had training in crevasse rescue and first aid, though fortunately I've never had to put either of them to use.

Let me know if you want to do something,

Mike