• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Bug

Bing. Msft's new search tool. WDYT?

tryed it...I'll pass.

Same same and MS is already too powerful and controlling, and I like how Google rolls.

Screw MS.

but bill, it's not a search engine, it's a DECISION ENGINE!!!11

:lmao:

Wolfram Alpha :nurd:

tryed it...I'll pass.

Same same and after the 2 Germany's reunited they are already too powerful and controlling, and I like how Google rolls.

Screw em.

Thanks Rob!!!! LOL, damn I'm old and crotchety, I apologize for that.

Edited by billcoe

Wolfram Alpha :nurd:

tryed it...I'll pass.

Same same and after the 2 Germany's reunited they are already too powerful and controlling, and I like how Google rolls.

Screw em.

Thanks Rob!!!! LOL, damn I'm old and crotchety, I apologize for that.

You're just worried that it is already smarter than you.

And it provides links for its outrageous claims.

:laf:

Video search is superior, you can just hover your mouse over a video and it gives you a preview without having to load up a new page. Image search is similar and nice.

But Google is free as a deal with the devil!

Right now, I'm working out an upgrade to how I use the Internet. I want to continue using IMAP; want really good Spam filtering (getting killed now); want to integrate IM and maybe Chat with the local interface; want to accommodate increased use of Texting; and I want it all cross-platform compatible for mobile devices as well as regular desktop/laptop computers.

There are turnkey solutions, the latest going on the market yesterday as the Palm Pre smart phone, that can make it easy to bring Internet services together, no problem -- provided that making deals with the devil at the crossroads is no problem.

Power corrupts. And there appears to be a trend to vest absolute power over our communications to a few corporations -- like Google.

OMG u mean I've been unhappy with my search experience until now and DIDNT EVEN KNOW???

THANK U MICROSOFT!!!!