[TR] Mt Davis - South route 5/27/2009

Animal

Trip: Mt Davis - South route

Date: 5/27/2009

Trip Report:

:wave: Jim, John and myself decided to climb Mt Davis 7051 feet last Saturday. We scrambled through the forest working our way around a few cliff bands then when we got near the main South ridge we decided to skirt the ridge on the East side and try the Ease ridge. Well this turned out to be an impass doe to a huge cliff on the East side of the mountain, so we headed back down and went up the standard South ridge. This minor detour was great because it allowed us to have an elevation gain of 7,400 feet for the 13 hour round trip day. Anyhow the views were great, and I have attached some photos! John_on_Davis_Peak.jpg

Jim_on_Davis_ledge.jpg

Davis_East_Ridge.jpg

Davis_with_Luna.jpg

Jim_on_Rap_from_Davis.jpg

Gear Notes:

Two 30m double ropes, three pickets, some nuts (did not use), lots of energy!

Approach Notes:

The bushes were not bad at all on this route.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so because the immediate summit area was snow free, there was a large cornice to the North East, but doubt the register was there.

Earlier in the month I believe there was a group of 10 or so on the peak. I believe Fay "The Queen of the Cascades I understand" was with that group. Maybe since there group was so large they filled up the register and are in the process of bringing a new one. It was a nice climb with a wonderful view of Luna framed by the huge summit cornices.