yosemite in september

gapertimmy

i'm hoping to get at least a week off in september to head to the most sacred of grounds in all of the world.

i'll be spending a good chunk of time with wife, cruising the backcountry by foot, but am hoping to kick it in the front country crags as well.

i know its a long shot, but wanted to put out the feelers and see if anyone was going to be in the valley or tuolomne in mid to late september (no skeeters, less tourists, cooler weather)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by texplorer:

I'll be there for at least a week too. What are you guys planning to climb while there. Anyone interested in the Rostrum or I could be convinced to get back on the Steck-Salathe again. Can't wait to crank some king cobras too.

bring it!

quote:

Originally posted by fern:

I'd like to visit da valley (and Palisades) in Sept. for a bit too, esp. if I can find peeps to drive with.

all aboard!!! plaisades is awesome....baby hike too!!!! plus there is no brush!!!

bring it!

hello yosemite fellows

I am planning on spending some time in the great valley as well, looking to head there late Oct and sept. Would like to have a strong climbing partner with good rope skills and strong climbing reserve.

Also looking for climbing partners that know the cascade area and can help me learn the area.

If intereset PM me and we can discuss plans

climb hard, ride fast, and don't piss in the wind.

later

quote:

Originally posted by gapertimmy:

anybody want to go explore some of the NW part of the park (up past eleanor/kibbie lakes)? I spent 3 months up in there, and it is just one big ol chunk of granite. i would imagine we could find some rawks to climb

will you be able to keep up????

x-cross country hiking is like my 5th or 6th most favorite thing to do!!!

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

quote:

anybody want to go explore some of the NW part of the park (up past eleanor/kibbie lakes)? I spent 3 months up in there, and it is just one big ol chunk of granite. i would imagine we could find some rawks to climb

BRING IT

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

quote:

BRING IT

[laf][laf]

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!! HERE LET ME BUCKLE MY BIRKENSTOCKS AND WE'LL BE DOWN THE TRAIL!!!!!

erik and gapertimmy, you should consider a traverse of the Kuna Crest starting at Dana Meadows and dropping down from peak 12,458 (or something like that) to Helen Lake and back out. If you have time, you can get Gibbs on the way out. Lot's of nice views, almost no trails and lot's of killer views.

Another one I havn't done yet is to start at Tioga and follow the range crest north as far as daylight permits (probably Conness if speedy) and out at Saddlebag. Awesome territory.

Don't even get me started on the joys of Tenaya Canyon!

quote:

Originally posted by glen:

Don't even get me started on the joys of Tenaya Canyon!

done it!! t.c. is way cool, though we never did pickup the supposid vibe from the slaughtered indians there...

and maybe the others too, you and your map reference points confuse me....i like the style of ole' john muir!!!!!

walkabout and let the little gnomes lead your way!!!

thankx fer da ideas!!!

Will be wrapping up a 2 month or so climbing roadtrip in Yosemite mid to late Sept, and plan on staying there 3-4 weeks. Looks like I've found a wingman for my roadtrip, and we'll be looking to climb a couple wall routes and generally mosey around and climb whatever in TM or elsewhere. Guy at Index was telling us about some 'Third Pillar?' full day 5.9 arete just outside the park that's outstanding that I wish I hadn't completely blanked the name of...

Anyway, will be there & interested in pretty much anything. [big Drink]

--cd.