Top rope anchor lesson near portland?

Maple Syrup

As my subject and post count may suggest, I'm new to the sport and new to the area.

It seems most lessons focus either on technique or lead climbing, but I just want to be able to set up a good anchor for top roping. Books are great but I don't want to die because I misread something, and I'd like the comfort of having someone check my setup.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on ya for wanting to be taught in person, and not just figure it out from books or the web.

I think most any place where you can get a lesson on lead climbing could also tailor a lesson for you towards top-rope anchors (with the exception of the mazamas - they may not be so flexible). Some local businesses can take you out for a guided trip with the focus being on learning TR anchors. I know a few individuals in town who do that sort of thing - I can PM you with names/companies if you'd like.

Alternatively, post up here in the partners forum and offer to pay local climbers in beer and belays to take you out under their wing for an afternoon of top-roping.