No more traveling with out a passport

ken4ord

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I've got is my drivers license and a birth certificate. Should I forget about Squamish?

??? ummmmm ... what's the big deal about getting a passport in the states? Do they make it crazy hard, or what? Is there some big test you have to pass, or is there like a $1000 fee, or maybe you have to apply in person at an office in Washington DC that's only open for 15 minutes in the early morning of the second Tuesday of every fifth month?

Here's your solution:

a) get passport

b) go traveling

c) renew passport when it expires

d) keep traveling

I've always had a passport in the drawer ever since finishing high school, just in case I wanted to go somewhere. It's pretty simple. Really.

timely. I mailed my passport renewal form, plus pictures, old passport, and fees today. Sorta sucks, yeah, but there are other options even, its not like $75/10 years is a bad deal. Though at the same time there is a fee to cross lines drawn by people of power is kinda funny.

There is a $20 passport CARD that will allow for border crossings, though the passport BOOK is recommended for travel where you will need visas and go through immigration check points.

It's not that hard in the States to get a passport. Go to Kinkos or wherever and get a proper photo then go downtown with good ID and fill out some paperwork.

They mail you your official passport in a couple weeks.

It does take a little line standing.

All I've got is my drivers license and a birth certificate. Should I forget about Squamish?

??? ummmmm ... what's the big deal about getting a passport in the states? Do they make it crazy hard, or what? Is there some big test you have to pass, or is there like a $1000 fee, or maybe you have to apply in person at an office in Washington DC that's only open for 15 minutes in the early morning of the second Tuesday of every fifth month?

Here's your solution:

a) get passport

b) go traveling

c) renew passport when it expires

d) keep traveling

I've always had a passport in the drawer ever since finishing high school, just in case I wanted to go somewhere. It's pretty simple. Really.

so i'm thinking...we use the 7th cav to conquer, rape n' pillage canada (or at least BC), we don't need to worry about passports to squamish anymore?

It's not that hard in the States to get a passport. Go to Kinkos or wherever and get a proper photo then go downtown with good ID and fill out some paperwork.

They mail you your official passport in a couple weeks.

It does take a little line standing.

dude, you don't understand - like , when i got my passport 9 years ago so i could go to the savage land of jamaica for my honeymoon, where i spent hte whole week in an armed enclave w/ other decadent god-fearing folk like myself- like, it SNOWED - in virginia! and the power went out, like, for a whole day - my photo still shows it almost decade later - all greasy and horny - it was awful!

my first passport i've kept - has a stamp from checkpoint charlie (the other side of which my boy scout troop lost a scout in!)