[TR] Redemtion on Loowit - Worm Flows 5/30/2009

Trip: Redemtion on Loowit - Worm Flows

Date: 5/30/2009

Trip Report:

So, from the last TR I posted, which was basically a "split-boot decent" of the lady.

So, my partner in crime called me late on friday night, requesting my assistance with the lady. OK I said, I guess I can do it, as long as I can be back in PDX before 4:00. (I had other obligations, with my wife, that ARE more important than a mountain!!)

So we got together at 0430 at crimey's house, and caught another partner in the mix.

We made our way, with greasy jimmy dean sausage sandwiches and coffee, and made our way to Marble Mountain Sno-Park.

Started hiking around 0530, and it was kind of cold. Not much snow at the TH. This is the kind of patchy snow that keeps you from thinking that you might actually be able to skin up the route. Not just yet!

IMG_0010-3.jpg

Oh well, at least one of us tried to skin...

IMG_0012-3.jpg

Moving on, to the treeline, things got even more splitboot-ish. Nah, the entire trip was a splitboot trip... We moved on, and relegated the fact that Loowit only allows you to carry your gear, not use it.

IMG_0019.jpg

So we got above the trees, and moved on till we saw the first monitor. Breaks, smokes, red-bulls and whatever. More bootin' after that.

IMG_0013.jpg

Of course, time is flying, and I have a commitment in town, and so does the aquired partner. Maybe a summit is out of the question, and the snow is getting shitty.

So, we transitioned back to downhill mode around 7000', and burned turns back down...

Check out the oldest spiltboarder I have ever met: Ralph.... Older than your dad!!

IMG_0016-3.jpg

Dropping in:

IMG_0017.jpg

So, yeah, got back to PDX by 1600, too late, but I picked up this rad salt/pepper shaker at a local store off the hill of St. Helens...

The mountain before the eruption:

IMG_0002-2.jpg

The mountain after:

IMG_0003.jpg

That's the coolest salt and pepper shaker I have ever seen!!

Gear Notes:

Splitboards, Skins (not used), Harcheisen (not used), Ice axe (not used) crampons (not used)

It just a hike now a days...

Approach Notes:

Lot's of walking

Edited by Frikadeller

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic