Reporting Bugs

jon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been having issues too. My internet is pretty slow, so I think what happens is that firefox only trys to load the pictures for so long, then after a few minutes gives up. If I refresh the TRs a couple of times it will end up loading all of the pictures. I am at school now, but could check which version of Firefox I have when I get home.

So apparently uploading pictures to the members' galleries is a known issue. I have high-speed fiber optic and it shouldn't take a minute to upload a 500 KB file! It seemed hit or miss, some went relatively fast others wouldn't go at all. Are there some tricks I might have missed?

• 5 months later...

I am getting consistent "Internal Server error" messages while uploading pics or contacting webmaster.

I tried three different macs, various file formats (jpeg, png and gif) and run the latest Firefox but am getting the same thing:

misconfiguration, interface problems and "500".

It never happened before. I am using the same camera and I can open files on the HD just fine.

Thanks

I am getting consistent "Internal Server error" messages while uploading pics or contacting webmaster.

I tried three different macs, various file formats (jpeg, png and gif) and run the latest Firefox but am getting the same thing:

misconfiguration, interface problems and "500".

It never happened before. I am using the same camera and I can open files on the HD just fine.

Thanks

Have you tried re-sizing the pics? I have the same trouble if I try to load larger than 7meg pix. Sometimes they will upload, other times I get the error(s)...

I've had the same problem. I use program software to convert images to an appropriate size for the web. When I try to upload them to CC I get errors like you describe. My files are gif format. I even tried one other format, but no luck.

Recently I've loaded pictures to Picasa then used the images on CC. That works.

I thought it was just common sense and courtesy to re-size photographs for use strictly on the Internet. Huge photo sizes slow everything down, and can sometimes post as too large and bulky.

Most forums seem to work well with Kb sized jpeg files. Why do you need to load a 7+Mb file?

I have photo editing software that came with my computer and cameras, as well as Adobe. But for just Internet re-sizing, IraFan works the best.

And save as a jpeg

• 2 months later...
I am having similar problems loading pictures.

Browsers: FF or Safari

File type: using either .jpeg or .png formats

File size: as large as 2 MB, as small as 500 KB

Post clicking: just loads infinitely (or) says each picture has some error (too large, outside parameters, etc)

After the failure, sometimes a picture will load anyways (about 1 in 20 times) and can then be added to a TR.

It was because of this that I didn't add more pictures in my last several TRs, just takes way too much time.

OK, so I'm about to throw this POS PC out the window due to the frustration of not being able to upload photos here. I've tried every browser in various sized files and almost always get an unknown error. Occasionally, the photo will load, even if it is a large file. Any suggestions on fixing this? Adjust my browser settings? Anyone? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?...