Reporting Bugs

jon

Hey Everyone,

It recently came to our attention there are a few problems with the TR system, in that you can backdate and in the index you can't see past page 1. We'll work on fixing those in the coming weeks. In the meantime if people notice bugs (not to be confused with wants) just report them in this thread for now. While we do have a support system that gets quite a few requests we probably need to implement a better way for people to report bugs.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the embedded quotes function fuck-up ever get fixed? The one where after about the 4th or 5th quote, the software starts mis-attributing the quote to the previous poster?

That was/is aggravating... :anger:

Oh, and if we overwrite Doug, does that wipe out all previous versions of him?

Or is he a trojan? ;)

Haven't had a chance to look into the quote thing yet.

The TR system has been fixed. From the start page you can go navigate between pages now. Also, the TR backdating issue has been resolved, you can now go back 10 years for TRs. If people see any weirdness with anything TR system related let me know.

When using the Search function, and you get your search results returned, and then you click on one, and then you click on the Back button, instead of being returned to your initial search results, you get a shitty message from your browser that the "Webpage has expired" and then you have to go back to the search page and re-enter all of your search criteria and essentially start all fucking over again. EXTREMELY AGGRAVATING...

:anger:

Page looks like this:

Webpage has expired

Most likely cause:

The local copy of this webpage is out of date, and the website requires that you download it again.

What you can try:

Click on the Refresh button on the toolbar to reload the page. After refreshing, you might need to navigate to the specific webpage again, or re-enter information.

More information

If you continue to have this problem, try the following:

In Internet Explorer, click Tools, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.

Scroll down and uncheck the "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" option in the Security settings.

When using the Search function, and you get your search results returned, and then you click on one, and then you click on the Back button, instead of being returned to your initial search results, you get a shitty message from your browser that the "Webpage has expired"

This is usually an IE bug; to get around it right click & open the searched pages in a new window & you won't have to deal with the expired page setting.

I think google is a better search & I've actually stopped setting up searches for clients b/c google always does it better. Google has some fast servers & searches the entire domain so you can find all sorts of things... i.e. a search for "sobos wife site:cascadeclimbers.com" brings up photos! The only drawback is that new content doesn't get added to google's cache for something like 24 hours.

Quite frankly I'd have to agree that the search function is pretty bad on this board. It can be hard to get *any* results with it if you're casting a wider net.

Unfortunately that is an underpinning of the software we use currently and quite possibly also related the the CPU/disk we're on.

I'd agree that for "power searchs" google is probably a better choice for the site right now.

We'll be making some decisions about the board software at some point, and that is going to be a factor.

• 1 month later...
If you notice things "erratic" it helps if you explain specifically what you're seeing.

thanks!

Porter,

I think I know to what Ponderosa may be referring. Within the past 10-15 minutes or so (11:55 - 12:05) today, I've noticed that when I've posted a reply to a thread, it's taken a really long time to load up, and then I get dumped to the page with the well-endowed snaffle. Since I don't keep my MLU or PLB with me at work, I just closed the browser tab and immediately reopened the site (don't need to log back on if you're quick enough at this). My post is there just as written, but you don't get returned to the thread as per usual. This has happened about 3 or 4 times today. FWIW.

Thanks Sobo. I have indeed seen that myself as well. I suspect it related to the hosting service, but i'm not sure. It could also be a bug with the board software as well. Unfortunately, it may just be something that we hope is fixed in the next upgrade of the board software. Whenever I get that error I just refresh my browser and it takes me to where I was headed.

maybe if you explained what you're trying to do....

what is your browser?

so nothing happens when you click on that button?

did you click on a picture from your gallery?

did it insert a pic??

give it a try in this thread, we can figure it out. blah blah blah ;)

it does appear to be working for all other users.

I am having similar problems loading pictures.

Browsers: FF or Safari

File type: using either .jpeg or .png formats

File size: as large as 2 MB, as small as 500 KB

Post clicking: just loads infinitely (or) says each picture has some error (too large, outside parameters, etc)

After the failure, sometimes a picture will load anyways (about 1 in 20 times) and can then be added to a TR.

It was because of this that I didn't add more pictures in my last several TRs, just takes way too much time.

• 1 month later...

On the past 24 hours list if I click "spray free" and then "active topics" it automatically brings back spray into the list of active topics.

Tried it the other way also (click "active topics" then "spray free") and it automatically reverts back to active posts.

Would love to see active spray free topics.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having trouble inserting images directly off the websites.

The only way to circumvent this is downloading them into my CC member gallery which is becoming a hassle.

......jpg does not do anything for me. The link is still there or there is a blank.

I am a Mac user and wonder if this is a compatibility issue.

Any thoughts?