Andinista Pack for sale - $125

DonnV

Wild Things Andinista Pack – $125 plus shipping

Size L. Blue. This pack is 4-5 years old, but the main specs are pretty much as described on the Wild Things site: http://www.wildthingsgear.com/prod_packs.php

There are a few scuff holes on the double-layer bottom, some of which I’ve touched up with seam seal. Otherwise the pack is really in excellent condition. I bought a Cilogear 60L a couple years ago and tend to use that wherever I once used the Andinista. I’ve decided I’m just not using this enough anymore to hang on to it.

I’ve made the following modifications to the pack:

1) The stock pack comes with a very long extension sleeve that allows the pack to double as an emergency bivy of sorts. I never use that feature, and never extend the pack that high, and so it was mostly a nuisance. I shortened the sleeve to a more typical length, as in the photo.

2) I added two snaps onto the Velcro top lid attachment to hold it in place better when flipping the lid on and off. Works great, and the lid is still completely removable.

3) I added a very simple homemade bladder pocket inside for using a hydration system, and also cut and heat-sealed a small slit high on the side of the pack for the hydration hose to exit. It worked great for my purposes, but the pocket can be easily removed and the slit sewn shut if you don’t use a bladder system.

4) I replaced the stock compression straps on one side with longer straps to accommodate a sleeping pad or tent or whatever. These can easily be replaced by shorter straps, and the compression straps on this pack are completely removable anyway.

5) I forget what originally came with the pack as a bivy pad (something doubled over?), but it now has a simple single layer bivy pad.

6) And the real selling point - I added a key clip in one of the lid pockets!

You pay shipping, or I can arrange to meet in the PDX area pretty much anytime.

Thanks!

AndinistaBack.JPG

AndinistaFront.JPG

AndinistaSide.JPG

AndinistaSleeve.JPG

AndinistaBottom.JPG

AndinistaSnap.JPG

AndinistaSlit.JPG

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic