trees and climbing?

kevbone

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't believe how kevbone can start a useless drivel post count increaser with such ease...

worthless, imo...

Believe it bitch. You do it all the time.

i have to at least try to sound like an idiot...you, on the other hand,...well, you are a natural-born-idiot...

Well I just consulted the guidebook and it turns out that the tree is "ON" after all cause it says so!

"Lizard Locks 5.10b This is the obvious crack near the Eastern side of the wall. The start, shared by Introductory Offer, is 3 stacked blocks at head height in between 2 shallow caves. This is the opening sequence to both routes. One strategy, employed on the FA, was to boulder the loose looking lumpy blocks for 12' (and which may in fact not be there, but on the ground or down the hill somewhere when you get there), step left 5-7 feet and then up, waiting until you're @20' off the deck and looking at a bad, testicular shrinking, fern crushing fall to place your first pro at the base of the obvious crack with a #3 friend as the first piece so that your pieces align and do not cause rope drag. Another #3 or 3-1/2" cam will avoid a highball fall and protect the move to get to the crack if you are so inclined. Small cams to 1" will get you up the solid finger and hand locks. Say hi to the Northern Alligator Lizard if he hasn't moved on yet which had casually wandered over stared at the first ascentionist as he cruised past. Strangly, the Lizard allowed himself to be touched as if he had actually wandered over to have his back scratched. Head up past a small 2" diameter tree growing right out of the crack; try not to break off this handhold/foothold /asscheek rest and finish up and slightly to the right of the buttress and then on easier moves directly to the huge fir with the rap anchor on it. Rap off the fir. FA Bill Coe, Jim Opdycke, Ujahn Davvison"

I JUST LOGGED ON THE INTERNET FOR THE FIRST TIME AND FOUND YOUR HOMEPAGE. THANK YOU FOR THIS VALUABLE CLIMBING INFORMATION. THIS WILL HELP ME FORM MY OPINION. I REALLY HAVE AN OPEN MIND, AND THANKS TO THIS NEW INFORMATION I WILL BE ABLE TO REMEDY THAT SOON!

Well I just consulted the guidebook and it turns out that the tree is "ON" after all cause it says so!

"Lizard Locks 5.10b This is the obvious crack near the Eastern side of the wall. The start, shared by Introductory Offer, is 3 stacked blocks at head height in between 2 shallow caves. This is the opening sequence to both routes. One strategy, employed on the FA, was to boulder the loose looking lumpy blocks for 12' (and which may in fact not be there, but on the ground or down the hill somewhere when you get there), step left 5-7 feet and then up, waiting until you're @20' off the deck and looking at a bad, testicular shrinking, fern crushing fall to place your first pro at the base of the obvious crack with a #3 friend as the first piece so that your pieces align and do not cause rope drag. Another #3 or 3-1/2" cam will avoid a highball fall and protect the move to get to the crack if you are so inclined. Small cams to 1" will get you up the solid finger and hand locks. Say hi to the Northern Alligator Lizard if he hasn't moved on yet which had casually wandered over stared at the first ascentionist as he cruised past. Strangly, the Lizard allowed himself to be touched as if he had actually wandered over to have his back scratched. Head up past a small 2" diameter tree growing right out of the crack; try not to break off this handhold/foothold /asscheek rest and finish up and slightly to the right of the buttress and then on easier moves directly to the huge fir with the rap anchor on it. Rap off the fir. FA Bill Coe, Jim Opdycke, Ujahn Davvison"

its only on for everyone but Kevbonehead...he can't read yet, so obviously the guidebook beta is "out" for him... :wave:

Then again, maybe his girlfriend, pink, can read it to him??

Edited by RuMR

The question still remains. Is it considered freeing a route if you pull on branches. Not if there are ethics surrounding it.

I see what you are saying. If there are ethics near the branches, it's not free climbing. Gotcha.

I think you get what everyone has been trying to tell you, so I'm not going to pile on. I do want to share one thing with you though and I hope that you'll really think about it:

I've been climbing for 11 years.

Don’t you mean “guide paper” considering there is no book?

Bill. Your route description gives too much away IMO.