Shasta - Memorial Day wkend

dwillym

Looking for some climbing buddies to head down to Shasta this Memorial Day weekend from Portland. Would drive down early Saturday 23rd, hike into camp that afternoon, and summit next day via Cascade Gulch. Tried this before and the timing worked out well, last time we headed back Sunday night, but could extend into Monday as well.

I'm in great shape and have done Hood & Adams (s.side both) a bunch, but my technical skills aren't quite honed, so Cascade Gulch seems like a good route (but I'm up for suggestions). I'm prepping for an "expedition seminar" on Rainier in late June and need to get my climbing on.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

scottb, thanks for the clarification - i re-checked the route and i meant to say WF gully, not CG. It's the route just to the left of Casaval Ridge that I tried before and would like to do again.

Wheepickle, i'll PM you and maybe we can meet up for the ascent at least, as I won't be doing any skiing.