Bridge of the Gods bouldering

lucas79

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Hey man, I don't have directions for ya...(sorry), but I'm curious where about these illusive boulders may lie... I'm lookin for some new bouldering on the sound side of the mountains...
I'm guessing by the location listed on your profile this area is bit far as these boulders are in the Columbia River Gorge, right outside of the town Cascade Locks (which is 15 minutes west of Hoof River).

I've been wanting to check this place out too so good directions would be nice.

denalidave,

Have you tried the directions at the Mountain Project website? They did the trick for me on the first try. If it doesn't end up raining this weekend I might head out there on Sunday. I'll try to come up with some directions of my own, or maybe even some GPS coordinates if I can dig up my Garmin.

Outside of Horsethief and Bulo Meadow, are there any other worthy spots that an HR boulderer should know about?

Outside of Horsethief and Bulo Meadow, are there any other worthy spots that an HR boulderer should know about?

There are a couple of boulders at Beacon, off to the left of the trail to the top (in the foresty area), Hwy 14 side. I'm not sure it's worth making an entire trip just for them though...

There are a couple of boulders at Beacon, off to the left of the trail to the top (in the foresty area), Hwy 14 side. I'm not sure it's worth making an entire trip just for them though...
I drive by Beacon fairly frequently, so maybe I'll pull in and give it a looksee sometime. Thanks for the tip.

Along those lines, there are a few boulder problems out at Bulo Point too. I came across a video of someone working one of them on YouTube or somewhere like that. It's been a while since I've been out there but I recall the boulders being a few hundred yards past (north of) the bolted rocks, and there was a pretty obvious trail that takes you right by them.

Edited by scion

also down the west side talus field there's 1 and li'l beacon rock itself, up by the camping ground

denalidave,

Have you tried the directions at the Mountain Project website? They did the trick for me on the first try.

No, I have not gotten any further than THINKING about checking it out. I really hate bouldering as it is a bit boring for me. But, since it is so close (about a five minute drive from home), it would be a good training option when Beacon is closed. Not sure if I will make it over there before Beacon opens up but it would be nice to have the beta to get there.

...and li'l beacon rock itself, up by the camping ground

aye, and a mighty mighty prominence it is!

mighty_mighty_lil_beacon.jpg

what it lacks in verticality in more than makes up for in adventureness as its 75% covered in poison oak :)

badass day at beacon today ya'll! pouring rain but snugged under the triple rooves of goodness by head space miker and i :rawk: ed it out - the best was trying to tr the aid route we like w/ no directionals - at the 5.12 bit we inevitably peal and take giiiiiiant swings out into space and lower each other just right so as to drop each other at insane speeds, swinging through the soaked brush!