• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Reid

Cheap ropes?

Where are the hot rope deals to be found? Online or Seattle area. I'm looking for a cragging rope so 60m x 10.x mm preferrably dry. So far the best I've found is REI.com at $139. I'm having a hard time believing that REI has the best price around right now.

REI does occasionally have good deals during their sales - like the $60 60M rope a few of us picked up last year.

For current best prices, try checking out www.spadout.com - to see which sites have the best deals - pretty easy if if you know what diameter you're looking for.

(Cheapest 60M I see right now is a Beal 10.2 for $119 at alpenglowgear)

Is Bill Coe no longer keeping his cheap rope thread up? That was a damn fine public service while he babysat it. Thanks Bill :moondance:

Is Bill Coe no longer keeping his cheap rope thread up? That was a damn fine public service while he babysat it. Thanks Bill :moondance:

Hey now, I just got back from Yosemite, I need a day or 2 month or 2 to get it back together. :grin:

Here's a bone for Reid though so he doesn't pay the $139.:

$125 at REI.

New England Apex 10.5mm x 60m Dry Rope - Special Buy Specs

Specification

Description

Weight 70 grams per meter

Dimensions 10.5mm x 60m

Impact force 9.4 kilonewtons

UIAA falls 5

http://www.rei.com/outlet/product/788345

5 falls? How the funk do you only get 5 falls when similar width ropes get 11?

5 falls? How the funk do you only get 5 falls when similar width ropes get 11?

maybe they hired Ivan, Shaq or the Jolly Green Giant to test them?