Weekend Squishies

hikerwa

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

friday--sunny and dry at the smoke bluffs and malamute

saturday--sunny and dry on the chief

sunday--gray and dry (and unfortunately very crowded) on the apron until 3 or 4 when the rain finally came

endless canadian hospitality

endless entertainment by ray

a guest appearance by fred

a toast with alpineK after his ski tour

many beers at howe sound pub--too many for some, eh crack?

a bird's eye view of a crazy rollover car crash in front of the parking lot (hey dru, do you know what happened? i'm sure you were down and out by then...)

all you can eat sushi in vancouver for $19 cdn

what do the weathermen know? especially here in the northwest.

squamish rocks!

On and off sprinkle in l-worth all day.

clamshell cave and hammerhead rock, dry, but crowded, several large groups on all the easy stuff.

placed some gear on top rope, tested placements, most were pretty bomber!

all in all a good day, topped off by some entertainment of a first time drunk at the restaurant bar, glad we weren't with her, and several cold ones.

yay, shoulda gone to squamish. [Mad][Mad]

naw you was glad you stayed in the lworth........

accidently climb scw on sat, people said it rained but i never noticed...though some of the darker, shinnier spots on the cliff seemed less positive.....

did someone drop something...???? i have it!

no one else was on the wall when we were....i love the wilderness in the wilderness.....we saw some people top out...

didnt see larry on sat evening in the parking lot...kinda missed not being detained and interrogated after climbing....

also didnt see colin's tracks off of greybeard from the descent of scw??? not sure if he climbed it...it was warm in lworth!!! didnt even see any ice!!!! [laf][Eek!][Roll Eyes][Wink][Razz][big Drink]

naw man- l'vorth was the place to be....it rained sunday AM and it dired off by 10 but no-one was there for a good few hours of solitude....there was not another car in the castle rock parking lot [big Grin] great times and decent weather..... and my oh my them girlies at Gustav's [Wink]

Student wall is trad... Basalt. Seems nice, although I'm no expert. J would be stoked to have someone to climb trad with [big Grin] I'm not sure what days... will post closer to the weekend on climbing partners. [big Grin][big Grin]

Aside from the Student Wall, Smith has some great basalt cracks. The (Crooked River) Gorge is full of AWESOME trad opportunities. If you can lead harder trad routes (>5.9) then you will love the Gorge. There are some classic multipitch cracks in the welded tuff though they aren't quite as aesthetically pleasing as the cracks in the gorge. However many of the topouts of the multipitch cracks have aboslutely wonderful views that make the journey (and quite possibly the wait in line) completely worth it.

quote:

Originally posted by dr. jay:

friday--sunny and dry at the smoke bluffs and malamute

saturday--sunny and dry on the chief

sunday--gray and dry (and unfortunately very crowded) on the apron until 3 or 4 when the rain finally came

endless canadian hospitality

endless entertainment by ray

a guest appearance by fred

a toast with alpineK after his ski tour

many beers at howe sound pub--too many for some, eh crack?

a bird's eye view of a crazy rollover car crash in front of the parking lot (hey dru, do you know what happened? i'm sure you were down and out by then...)

all you can eat sushi in vancouver for $19 cdn

what do the weathermen know? especially here in the northwest.

squamish rocks!

I think we got out of there before that car crash, we were probably eating asparagus in salsa [Cool] by then.

You're so cool Dru. I think we smoke about 15 bowls and waited 2 hours for some gal to lead a 100 foot pitch. Then dropped our ropes down for locals too scared to lead the last pitch of Diedre and while looking at NW passage heard the crash.

Your chestbeating is not necessary [laf][big Drink]