Advice Wanted - Mt. Hood Conditions - 5/7-8

jaydub624

I am sorry I don't associate with riffraff spitboarders:laf: :rolleyes:

see you up there.

Rah rah rah there "Frenchy".... :noway:

You can take that "dyyyenaaafiit, and yer Raaannoneee setup "back to the alps where you came from.... :poke:

What was the outfit you're gonna wear? :eveeel:

Nah, wherever your decent device comes from, it's all fun!

Norway, France, or the USA, it's all good. :wazup:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Oregon CCers are just one big South Side lovefest. Who's bringing the pizza and beer up to the top?

Sounds like you brought up the idea of beer and pizza...

I expect to see you in the parking lot with said provisions around 1-3 pm... (saturday please)

And I WILL be thirsty and hungry.

Haha. Oregon CCers are just one big South Side lovefest. Who's bringing the pizza and beer up to the top?

Sounds like you brought up the idea of beer and pizza...

I expect to see you in the parking lot with said provisions around 1-3 pm... (saturday please)

And I WILL be thirsty and hungry.

Next weekend? :grin: I'm down in the lowlands for tomorrow.

well getting up there was a bust. Too much drinkie on friday night. I suck, but it was good times :)

That explains why I did not see anyone fitting your description.

As a matter of fact, I only saw one other person skinning up, and one guy with slowshoes and packin' his board.

Oh and yeah, today I must have seen 15-20 different people coming down the mountain riding plastic childrens sleds. WTF? I have never seen that many people before doing the sled thing. I blame a TR posted on CC.com for this. :lmao:

Oh and yeah, today I must have seen 15-20 different people coming down the mountain riding plastic childrens sleds. WTF? I have never seen that many people before doing the sled thing. I blame a TR posted on CC.com for this. :lmao:

:crosseye::lmao:

So how was the snow up there?

Oh, well.... the snow was the "usual". Crust early on, crusty as you left the palmer, crusty until you got above triagnle moraine, and then all of the sudden! Powder! Holy smokes! Powder until you get to "the ramp" up the ss of crater rock. Further up the "ramp" POWDER again... Sheesh, this mountain cannot make up it's mind.

Dropped in onto POWDER on the west side of hogsback. sweet turns until I got close to hot rocks... Hmmm....

Boot packed the splitty over that, and dropped in only to find a GIANT set of tents at Illumination rock... WTF!

Veered away from the tents, only to find that mid-week jerks took EVERY line of the ridge off I-rock!!! Grrr......

I Decided, in my own self hating rage, that I would spray the tent encampment with "turn debris"... That was pretty passive agressive.

The rest was butter turns until I got to the "resort"...

So, yeah, If you did not drink 100 beers on Friday, you might have had some fun.... ( See, I only drank 7, and ate breakfast at 0330, and had fun)

"So, yeah, If you did not drink 100 beers on Friday, you might have had some fun.... ( See, I only drank 7, and ate breakfast at 0330, and had fun)"

wow a little passive agressive, I think some one needs a hug... 8D

LOL..

I was kicking my own ass this morning :anger:

You will never guess what I am doing right now :brew::wazup: I will throw one down for you gettin-er done.

Went up yesterday, got there around 4pm and drank some beer. Didnt sleep at all, and started climbing at the normal climbing hour. I wanted to do the Reid Headwall but that didnt happen. DEEP snow. I managed to put in a solo boot pack for the traverse leading to the start of the climb. Then I hiked all the way to crater rock, up the hogsback and went to look at the gates. I was going to ski them after doing the headwall; and boy and I glad that I did not drop in blind!! Climbers left gully has a 8' ice step (if it were 5 foot or smaller I woulda just dropped it) climbed up into the right gully got halfway up and found a large (25 foot) long 40 degree or so ice ramp. It was made of blue ice and rime. Downclimbed all the way back to the hogsback, cut up high and got on the old chute route. Summited way to late! Well.... not late by a skiers perspective. There was a group of clowns (Mazamas I think) who had 10 people all on one rope holding up the old chute for a HUGE chunk of time, luckily I missed it by dicking around in the gullies. but ran into them on the way down. So I did what any skier would do (already mentioned above!!!!), and sent a few sprays of snice down on them to get their attention to let them know that I wanted to drop and not wait 30 mins. I will post a TR with mainly photos so people can see what the conditions were like. But overall the snow seemed solid (with respect to avy (I made a few hard cuts above the Mazamas)) Lots of post holing through the 20 inches that they got earlier on.