[TR] Alaska - The Great Gorge of the Ruth Glacier 4/25/2009

John Frieh

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the best I could do was a little over a week off and the list of people willing to gamble the money on a week trip to the gorge was very short. I dont blame them... the odds of spending the week eating, sleeping and shoveling out the tent were good.

:wave: that was me

Making me wish I would have just ditched this CPA shit and spent some time and $ at the Ruth...glad you slayed and didn't get slayed. Lets get ready to roll to The Wadd.

Hahahahaha

I love it. The nice part about being a MOG is there is plenty of you to go around. The chocolate milk idea both frightens and intrigues me. BEEFCAKE! However, Both you will have to fight off the wifey for your piece of the action. She's tiny, but fierce. :battlecage:

Oh and nice job Bryan, making John go North with a hate bag. Some kind of friend you are! :lmao:

Awesome guys!

I'm stoked you guys pulled it off, and awesome props to mr homebuilder for the discipline to stay fit to pull this trip off!

(and of course, i love that sexy white pack)

BTW, I would not make any plans that are contingent on fighting off Doug's wifey. She is fierce.

[soapbox]I find it comical that climbers will gladly drop $$$ on new gear (that they only end up selling a few years later when something "better" comes out) but refuse to spend any $ on a training seminar... something they will "own" the rest of their life and will only improve/enhance their climbing. Go figure.[/soapbox]

You're missing the point; the reason climbers buy new tools, fatter skis and lighter packs is so technology will enable them to climb harder and easier with less training! :D

Nice job on the routes; we flew in a few days after you guys and watched the aves rip in all directions. For those who don't have a clear idea of what the objective danger on the approach to Wake Up is like - here's a pic of the hanger belching.

wake_2009-05-12_.jpg

• 5 months later...