Smith Rock Spring Thing - May 9th

RodJ

Spring Thing Trail Construction

17th Annual "Spring Thing" Saturday, May 9th

(http://www.smithrock.com/flash/events/st_09.html'>http://www.smithrock.com/flash/events/st_09.html)

Be a part of the 17th Annual Smith Rock “Spring Thing” volunteer day. This one-day event focuses on restoration projects to protect and enhance public lands in and around Smith Rock State Park.

Projects include: erosion control, trail improvement, grass and tree planting, trash cleanup, climbing route cleaning, & chalk removal.

The “Spring Thing” will end with an appreciation dinner starting at 6pm.

The evening celebration will include a slide presentation, prize raffle and fund-raising auction of outdoor gear with proceeds earmarked for future events and projects at Smith Rock State Park.

The non-profit Smith Rock Group organizes and coordinates the event in partnership with the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department (OPRD) and other corporate and private sponsors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

SPRING THING INFO:

Saturday, May 9, 2009.

Registration is from 8-10 AM by the main fee station at Smith Rock State Park.

Parking passes, breakfast snack, water, sunscreen, work gloves, direction, tools and supplies are included for all registered volunteers.

Free dinner for volunteers starts at 6:00 PM followed by the ever popular auction and raffle.

For more information about the event or to donate for the auction contact: Ian Caldwell at iancaldwell@hotmail.com

or 541-504-7746, ext. 23

------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is a link to the 'Spring Thing Projects' page: http://www.smithrock.com/flash/events/st_09.html

The Westside projects are in the greatest need (in my opinion), but will receive the least number of volunteers because of their remote location. Please consider signing up for any work on the Westside.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am planning on volunteering but I am looking for a ride down from Seattle. I wouldnt mind getting down there a day or two in advance for some climbing. I already have a climbing partner and a ride back. leaving sometime around the 7th would be great but I am flexible in that department. will help with gas of course!