Rainier Partner

Hello All,

I'm headed up to the Cascades in July and would like to try Rainier. I just took a glacier travel/

crevasse rescue course and am starting to do climbs as prep. Early July is preferable. I'd like to

do any route that's not too technical too start off with (like Lib. Ridge). If anyone is planning on

doing Rainier then and need an extra person on their rope, I'd love to hear from you.

Later,

Dan M.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan,

Hey I will be coming out to Colorado, maybe we can hook up. I just got into rock climbing and I have been preparing by top roping in the gym. I want to do something not too hard (like the Casual route on the Diamond)for my first trip up.

Dan:

You may want to consider an easier route than Liberty Ridge. While not exactly a highly tecnical route, it is very comitting and long. It is a carry over route that is often easier to complete than bail off of.

To be honest with you I wouldn't get on Liberty Ridge with an unknown quantity, so to speak.

Many Colorado types think that Rainier is the same as your 14ners....is is NOTHING like any of those rock piles.

Good luck...and post a TR. [big Drink]

quote:

Originally posted by Biff:

Perhaps the guy meant that he DIDN'T want to do a difficult route, like Lib. Ridge
[Confused]
, and would prefer an easier route.

probably not biff, we here at cc.com know what people want and there is rarely a miscommunication issue. and even if young dan, does not want to climb lib ridge we already know that too...... [Wink][Razz][big Drink][Cool][laf]

quote:

Originally posted by Biff:

Perhaps the guy meant that he DIDN'T want to do a difficult route, like Lib. Ridge
[Confused]
, and would prefer an easier route.

Then he would have used a negative in the statement - something like "I wouldn't want to do any route that's too technical (like Liberty Ridge)."

[Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Some of you people are silly. You never know who this guy is or what shape he may be in.

No shit! [Eek!] He could be some psycho killer who is just waiting you knock your melon while you're smoking out in the Muir Hut. greenchainsaw.gif

Hey Dan M.

Don't be put off by these guys. I'm with you man. I've never actually climbed anything before. I did run a mile once in High School in under ten minutes. Lets do a warm up climb first to see how we work together...maybe The Yokum on Mt. Hood. I'd like to try it in high Heels & a latex skirt just for fun. After that we can hang out at Muir and smoke up the place.

Jeez,

I was really tired when I wrote that last night. I meant to say what Biff thought I said. I want to start off on a trade route that isn't technical like the Liberty Ridge is. I hope this can clear up some confusion and I'm still interested in serious replys. (Thanks those who have had already--wait a second, none of them look serious)

So, how about it?

Dan M.

Jeez,

I was really tired when I wrote that last night. I meant to say what Biff thought I said. I want to start off on a trade route that isn't technical like the Liberty Ridge is. I hope this can clear up some confusion and I'm still interested in serious replys. (Thanks those who have had already--wait a second, none of them look serious)

So, how about it?

Dan M.