Snow Creek Wall - King Kong Chimney

AlpineMonkey

Yesterday kublaicon and I climbed King Kong Chimney and Umbrella Tree on Snow Creek Wall. What classic, classic routes. For descent we decided to try something new. From the top of the Snow Creek Wall we droped down the backside of the wall thinking we could hit Pearly Gates and then follow the trail out back to the cars. Well, just after droping over the top we hit a good trail and followed it down, making record time back to the cars. 1 hour and 20 min. at an easy pace from top of Snow Creek Wall to parking lot. From now on I'm descending this way. Has anyone else ever done this or heard of this descent.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About 10 min. after we droped down the backside we hit a trail. It looked like someone at sometime had put a lot of work into it, lots of deadfall had been cut out of the way. We followed this trail down to Pearly Gates and then out, very quick way down. No down climbing sketchy stuff, just mellow walking.

I think if you descend the standard Snow Creek Wall walk down it takes at least an hour just to get to your packs, then you have to hike out.

About 10 min. after we droped down the backside we hit a trail. It looked like someone at sometime had put a lot of work into it, lots of deadfall had been cut out of the way. We followed this trail down to Pearly Gates and then out, very quick way down.

I believe there's some developed routes up above Squirrley Gates - that trail may have something to do with those.