Alpine partnr out of Seattle

webnick2007

I'm making plans for some alpine climbs this season and trying to find new partners to get out with. I manage to climb regularly, when not getting getting my but kicked at work, but would like to find a couple of people to get out with more regularly.

Some goals for the summer Outer Space, the Thin Red Line, south face of Prussic, the Wilson Headwall or Ptarmigan Ridge, Gunsight Peak and a Yosemite b walls trip. Those are mostly Nelson highlights but look like great routes.

I'm leading trad in the 5.8 range and train up a little harder; C2; WI3-4; IV. I've taken a couple of medical classes and done the groups thing plus rescue work. I'm fairly safe but lAck insurance. Probably not in manichial trips but totally willing to go out despite any weather.

Cheers,

Nick

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be in the area in late July through early August with nothing else to do and in search of climbing partners for alpine or trad. I trad lead up to 5.7, but with no aid climbing experience and not enough experience on vertical ice to really give you a rating. Since you listed medical stuff, I've worked EMS (EMT-I) for a couple years and am a rope rescue technician for a local rescue agency. I'll be on summer break from med school and eager to climb.

I'm fairly conservative; although my skills are solid, being from the south am still learning to read alpine routes and weather, so I play it safely unless I'm with someone who is more proficient at this.

If you're interested, I'm game to climb just about anything.

I live in Seattle and work a very sporadic schedule. It seems my partners have mostly turned into craigers so I'm looking for people to get into the mountains with. I lead around 5.8 trad and I'll simul 5.6. I can follow WI 3-4. I'm comforable on glaciers and steep snow. I love long trips and I'll do grade IV approaches without complaint.

I used to be a SAR EMT, I've worked a bit as a guide and a mountaineering instructor, done technical rope rescue, and I'm a professional dirt bag:-). Every once in a while I get in the mood for a 20+ mile day hike. I am generally pretty layer back and flexible. I like to go fast on non-technical terrain and I'm always up to " go have a look" if conditions look marginal.

Drop me a line and let's try to get out.

Douglas

climb 5.10 rock and grade 5 ice. i´m interested in coleman headwall, arious routes on rainier, 5.10 routes on wash pass and in the enchantments and climbing throughout the summer in squamish and index. don´t have a weekday partner. currently live in seattle but may be living in my truck this summer wherever i´m climbing.

I'll be in the Seattle area from June 1st to June 21st. Looking for alpine partners for rock and snow routes. Would be interested in Mt. Baker North Ridge and Coleman Headwall, Washington Pass, Mt Rainier Grade III to IV routes, Leavenworth Alpine Rock, and other routes in the Cascades. Lead up to .10a trad on a good day, but usually pretty solid on 5.9, have been on WI up to 4+. I'll be in Alaska climbing starting May 2nd till the 17th, but can be reached after that at 801-971-2420 or PM on here if interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for North Cascades partners too. Serpentine Arete, Forbidden, Terror etc. Lead trad to 5.8. Good rock, snow and ice skills. Have all gear and solid transportation. Work 2 weeks on/2 weeks off year round. Plans set so far this summer:

5/26 - 5/29 St Helens, Mt Hood

6/22 - 7/1 Open

7/19 - 7/25 Tetons

8/16 - 8/27 Open

• 1 year later...

Still looking for climbing partners this year especially:

The Tetons August 13-26. Road trip or meet up. Looking to do Middle Teton, Upper Exum, Cathedral Traverse, Symmetry Spire, Guides Wall, Baxters Pinnacle...

Sierras September 26 - Oct 13. U Notch, V Notch, North Peak, Dana Couloir...

Red Rocks November 5-23ish. SPI test two of those days. Climber by day poker legend by night!

Jeff

eagleriver101@msn.com

Edited by jwilson23

Hey Nick and everyone else. I too am looking for alpine partners for more committing and remote routes. I have all of the gear and a serious ambition, just no regular partners that share my lofty goals. I can lead 5.9 rock in crampons and am solid on snow and ice. My problem is I've got weekdays off so that tends to make finding folks a bit more difficult. I'm off tuesday wednesday this week and would gladly climb something easier even if the weather sucks. If anyone is available for weekedays lemme know and I'll get in touch. Peace -Josh

Edited by Peakpimp

To anybody that is interested, I am looking at many of the same climbs that everybody else here is. I am on summer vacation from school and have a very flexible work schedule so I am available pretty much any time to climb. I do pretty much any kind of climbing so if anybody is interested I would be ready to go. I boulder V5/6, sport 5.11, as well as a ton of glacier and alpine climbing.

My plans so far for summer are the North Ridge of Mt. Baker, Liberty Ridge on Mt. Rainier, Little Tahoma, and a bunch of other technical climbs in the cascades, so if anybody wants to get in on the action just let me know.

-Chase

I am also looking for partners. I can lead 5.7-5.8 trad, WI2-3, and I'm fine with alpine routes. I have mountaineering first aid training as well. I have gear but no car, and I live in Everett. I am very open to most kind of climbing and hoping to get on some routes like Forbidden Peak and Exfoliation Dome this summer. I am perfectly open to other suggestions as well!

I'm just passionate to get out to do something that I love and meet new people as well. If anybody (OP or otherwise) is interested, please send me a PM. I am a junior in high school, so I am going to be around a lot of the summer, especially mid-late July and August.

-Mark

Hi,

I sent a PM to a couple of people but I'm looking for M-F partners. I'm heading to Index tomorrow to aid/rope solo but would rather try some harder stuff with a partner. My plan was to climb tomorrow, maybe check out Mt. Persus Tues. and then climb till Weds night.

If anybody is interested, give me a call or send me a text as I'm probably going to leave pretty soon. Number is 530-219-9140.

I'm also looking to do more remote climbs, alpine, ice or anything in between. I'm free Thurs-Sat if anybody has something cool they need a partner for.

Yay! Just wanted to report that getting a partner from here finally worked!

Brianne (I forget her CC handle) somewhat randomly showed up and scared me as I was building a carin next to the river and we got some good climbing in Monday night and Tues. morning.

Ended up coming back today but will probably head somewhere Thurs-Sat if anybody is interested. Somewhere near Leavenworth would be best as I'm meeting someone there Sunday.