Shuksan - Shannon Creek Road Conditions

peas

Anyone have any info on the conditions of Shannon Creek Road? Specifically where the road stops and the snow begins.

I checked on the national forest site and as of April 9 it's listed as "snow", which doesn't give me a lot of info.

I'd like to head up Shuksan on skis via the Sulfide Glacier this weekend, so if anyone has any suggestions, info, spray, etc. let it fly.

B

Edited by peas

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to bivouac.com, the Shannon Creek Road is only 4.5 miles long and according to the National Forest website, the Baker Lake Road should be open to the branch with the Shannon Creek Road. So 4.5 miles is as far as I'm expecting to skin on roads. Is your estimate based on a more typical snow year?

was up there a couple weeks ago...used a snowmobile for the approach (cheating I know but was short on time) to the TH but left the chainsaw...deadlifting a snomobile is no fun...the road is only 4 mi and some change...over the first 2.5 you'll end up with about 8-10 downed sections then it's free and clear to the turn off where the trail head is...also the snow was only a few inches deep in some areas so may be spotty by now...but that was a couple weeks ago