Leavenworth, Icicle Creek Area (I'm venting)

Jamie

Thanks for your polite reply newdawnfades. I'm not sure what roadside rock it was, but there were 4 or 5 ropes set up and they were climbing with hiking boots. The leader was a rotund gentleman who offered to let us in on a rope. However, since there were climbers on all the routes and lots of activity above and below the pitches it seemed (to me)a little complicated. Generally speaking he was courteous.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know if there was an area that didn't pull ropes for you. I didn't make a specific announcement to our station leaders about other climbers in the area, though they are pretty good with general courtesy. We hung more routes last weekend than we usually do.

I was at Bruce's Boulder and only one pair of folks came over (Sun morning). I offered to pull any rope down for them. They were surprised and grateful, but decided to go elsewhere.

Let me know if there was an area that didn't pull ropes for you. I didn't make a specific announcement to our station leaders about other climbers in the area, though they are pretty good with general courtesy. We hung on more routes last weekend than we usually do.

fixed it for you

Thanks for your polite reply newdawnfades. I'm not sure what roadside rock it was, but there were 4 or 5 ropes set up and they were climbing with hiking boots. The leader was a rotund gentleman who offered to let us in on a rope. However, since there were climbers on all the routes and lots of activity above and below the pitches it seemed (to me)a little complicated. Generally speaking he was courteous.

Must be Roto Wall you are referring to. Yeah, that place can be a mess with too many people around. Next time don't hesitate to call next on a climb. I was sweeping our stations all weekend and there were numerous climbers jumping in once they spoke up. We were doing our best, dropping ropes for them, letting them use our anchors to save time.

We hiked past the mob at Alphabet rock (which in the morning was all over the 30 ft 5.2 routes leaving the good stuff open), and up to Giveler's. We were surprised to see no one lined up for the classic 5.7+ namesake. We climbed it (2 teams of 2), and walked down, still no one else in sight. So I led Bo Derek and everyone TR'd it and finally as we were packing up four more folks arrived (1:00 PM?). That was it. Super classic moderate climb, 45 min approach. Have at it!