Dumbass Climbers?

Choada_Boy

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point in saying this is that if you look through my TRs on CC.com (better yet here) you'll notice that I'm more than capable of hanging with most on your site in the backcountry but I don't make the mistake of not pursing a good backpacking trip or hike b/c it's not technical.

awesome! a never ending artesian well of chestbeat!

Wow. Hikers are so insecure.

LINK so since they admitted their mistakes no one is lecturing them? Or is it because this guy is a regular? Hmmmmmmmmm

So you went over to NWHikers in these conditions? WHAT ARE YOU AN IDIOT? I have more internet postings than any sane person would have, and many of my climbing buddies have over 3 thousand posts on Internet forums. I'm speaking from considerable experience and of course am 100% ego free when I tell you that you are risking it all by going over there is these conditions. Think of the children for chrissakes. I have a tote-n-chip card and proudly carry a penknife, except on airplanes when they take it away. I also have a camping AND hiking merit badge, and I'm not afraid to post on any internet forum as such.

Next time get some training for experienced slab boulderers before putting yourself and others in danger this way.

Thanks,

The Humblest Living Entity in the World,

Jake Porter

I never go to NWhikers. For some strange reason I decided to click on that link. It sure is dangerous over there. I'm glad I chose to descend quickly. Conditions are bad over there.

NWhikers is a:

[font:Arial Black]Hazard Zone!![/font]

Don't go there without backup to provide thoughtful bullshit, I mean contributions!

Chamoda, I was just thanking a mod the other day for allowing the boy to post.

Mods are like Priests and NW Hikers that way I guess, nobody turns their back. I (as have most of us but I'm not confessing for you all here) have probably done stupider things than the alleged dumbasses as recently as last weekend. (grumble). You think I'd know better by now. :wave:Bill_leg_4_11_09_resized.jpg

At least I have the bloody pants to prove it. All they have is the good memories. I probably should crank up Rainier one more time before I get old older. What a great mountain.

Good times boyz, good times.

OMG! R THOSE COTTON SOCKS???? What a poor, poor example you are setting, Bill.

Rest easy Rob, polypro over skin. I get the Wigwam ones at the evil empire.

BTW, IMO these guys sound stupid from Thanhs 2 posts below. RC.Com

Three climbers were stucked on Lost Arrow in the notch because they spent the morning before climbing drinking and smoking pot. They also did not bring any head torches so when it got dark and they were still on the spire, got their rope stuck and had to spend the night in the notch. The next day, they were rescued by YSR. Anyone smoking pot and drink before climbing is and idiot and should win the Darwin Award.

While I was on El Cap, some of my friends went hiking up to Yosemite Falls and ran across them at about 11 am stoned and drunk sitting by the rappel anchor on the main wall yet to begin. Reports from climbers at camp said they (three) set off early in the morning, but was already drinking. They did not come back to camp that night so we knew they were stuck up there. Temperature was cold and a storm was predicted to come in the next day. YSR saved their butts just in time because it snowed that evening right after they were brought down. If you want to see who they are so that you don't end up climbing with them someday, go to www.outdoors-adventures.org and click on climbing photo gallery and Yosemite-April 2009. They still look stoned when I photographed them the next day. The third guy was still recovering from the chill night spent on top.

BTW, I once fired back 4 cocktails and decided it was a good thing to go boulder after a full day of climbing. Turned out....it wasn't such a bright idea, so I don't think I'm too much smarter than the next 2 dudes....which I already knew before I rolled down the hill.

who look like this:-) dumb%20asses_0409_0048.jpg