This layback guy cracks me up

A few things about me:

- I've hiked all of my life.

- I've been skiing for 26 years

- I've been climbing for 12 years.

My climbing partners (past & present) include:

- 2 climbing guidebook authors

- 1 author of a self-rescue book

- 1 AMGA rock and ice guide (my rope was the first he ever tied into)

- 1 former non-accredited alpine guide in WA state

- 1 current non-accredited guide in WA state

I'm not saying this to brag or massage my ego. Most on this site don't know anything about the 2nd list. I usually keep this stuff pretty close to me because that's how I am. I've learned from the aforementioned people that being a good climber also includes keeping your ego in check.

emphasis mine.

I think I might have to relinquish my coveted "consummate douchebag" title. I don't think I'm worthy of the crown in light of this recently minted gem.

Alex Lowe peed on my rope once.

Of course he didn't know it was mine.

He said he would have dumped on it had he known.

I usually keep this stuff pretty close to me because that's how I am. I've learned from the aforementioned person that being a good climber also includes keeping your ego in check.

Anybody want to smell the rope?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ready to climb anytime.

I make no garuntees on who will school who.

Between your knee and my fasciitis it might be a wash. ;-)

Dudes, what you're planning on doing in the shower together might need its own thread.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

you should wash your ass sometimes, TTK; people might be able to stand being around you

I'm ready to climb anytime.

I make no garuntees on who will school who.

Between your knee and my fasciitis it might be a wash. ;-)

Dudes, what you're planning on doing in the shower together might need its own thread.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

you should wash your ass sometimes, TTK; people might be able to stand being around you

Thanks for the offer, but I've only got a one person shower at my disposal.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

hahahaha

This layback guy cracks me up

A few things about me:

- I've hiked all of my life.

- I've been skiing for 26 years

- I've been climbing for 12 years.

My climbing partners (past & present) include:

- 2 climbing guidebook authors

- 1 author of a self-rescue book

- 1 AMGA rock and ice guide (my rope was the first he ever tied into)

- 1 former non-accredited alpine guide in WA state

- 1 current non-accredited guide in WA state

I'm not saying this to brag or massage my ego. Most on this site don't know anything about the 2nd list. I usually keep this stuff pretty close to me because that's how I am. I've learned from the aforementioned people that being a good climber also includes keeping your ego in check.

emphasis mine.

I think I might have to relinquish my coveted "consummate douchebag" title. I don't think I'm worthy of the crown in light of this recently minted gem.

Alex Lowe peed on my rope once.

Of course he didn't know it was mine.

He said he would have dumped on it had he known.

I usually keep this stuff pretty close to me because that's how I am. I've learned from the aforementioned person that being a good climber also includes keeping your ego in check.

Anybody want to smell the rope?

woah. guides pee?

Layback's problem is that he's from Connecticut. Every single person I've ever met from CT has been a douche bag.

Here's some more learned wisdom from his spewhole, posted elsewhere:

"The ironic thing about TRs on CC.com vs NWHikers is this:

Cascade Climbers:

- Filled with young, throw caution to the wind types who place a premium on boldness.

- Have an ego so big that they wouldn't even conceive of posting a TR on anything that could be classified as a hike, and often joke about doing so.

- A fair amount of TRs on the site are posted by those looking for personal gratification only (I'm not saying we don't have any of that here).

NW Hikers:

- Filled with people who just care about having fun in the outdoors in a safe way.

- While we all have a little ego (not in a bad way), most here wouldn't think twice about sharing a hike or a climb regardless of he technical difficulty. It's the amount of fun experienced that counts.

- A fair majority of the TRs here are folks just looking to share some info on a cool place."

He is so right.

In case you guys have any questions about climbing, I'm just here to share the joy of the sport with you. I've climbed with people who have written guidebooks. I don't want to drop names, although they are names that nearly everyone on the planet would instantly recognize. That's not the way I roll.

Anyway, feel free to let me know how I can help make you a better climber or, more generally, human being.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Off White, you conducted yourself like a true gentleman on the hiking site. Well done!

.... Wait a minute... This post is in Spray, what I ment to say is;

Off White really handled himself like a master(de)bater on the Hiking site.