Illumination Rock pics...

Chad_A

Thought about posting as a TR, but didn't, as "TR" usually means you actually tried to attempt the route. We went up today (Vince and I) to check out March Madness; a pal of mine had seen it from the top of the Palmer and thought that it might be in. Wayne, is this your idea of WI4???? :crosseye: ::skull:: Sick bastard-

So, we went and had a look see. From afar it does look doable, but walking up to it, it sure didn't look like it to us. Putting an ice tool into it made the "ice" crumble. I'd never seen anything like it before...water ice, with rime formed on top of it, looking like water ice forming on the rime ice...bizarre. We went up the South Chamber to pick around on the rime to see if we could find a moderate line to get to the top, but with a tool stick and a pull-down, it would just explode into powder, or simply rip through with very little effort.

At any rate, it was such a nice day up there, though I'd share some pics. The lenticular swallowed the upper part of the mountain as I was reaching the parking lot, and was descending down on the towers as we drove off. Enjoy the views, we sure did. It was nice to get some unexpected sun today.

Cheers,

Chad

3432329637_75e662465a_b.jpg

3433141162_295a8c0589_b.jpg

3432330289_09aa232288_b.jpg

3433141956_4e566a2b67_b.jpg

3432330987_e1e8a8b5b6_b.jpg

3432330827_0258f520a7_b.jpg

3432331461_dd803dabbc_b.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply