So what's happened to CC.com? only 2 pages

Thinker

An interesting study to do would be to correlate the posts (particularly in Spray) with the registration date of said posters over, say, the last few years.

Maybe it will show that the old guard has dwindled and has been replaced by a new guard (this sort of seems like an obvious trend for all "active" message boards). If you then also show the total number of posts (in Spray) in that same time frame, what would we see?

Porter, you are da-programmin' man now. Can you do such a study? Maybe if we just saw the post count in Spray that would be something to start with. I know I've seen this kind of statistic posted before (but it's been a few years).

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An interesting study to do would be to correlate the posts (particularly in Spray) with the registration date of said posters over, say, the last few years.

yah know klenke, that is so friggin dorky i can't even properly insult that suggestion. interesting? nope, not even a little.

i'm sure the current state of the economy has something to do with this right? sprayers are cutting back.

Yeah, I guess I should have known it was a foolish idea to try and apply science to Spray. Maybe it was because "Thinker" started this thread that I had the idea in the first place.

I have other Spray-worthy opinions as to why the Spray hose has developed a kink in it that are not based on research, just my gut feeling. But...nah, forget it.

I ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY EGO THOUGH. HAVING THE CRAZY EGO IS PLAYED OUT AT THIS POINT IN MY LIFE AND CAREER. I USE TO USE IT TO BUILD UP MY ESTEEM WHEN NOBODY BELIEVED IN ME. NOW THAT PEOPLE DO BELIEVE AND SUPPORT MY MUSIC AND PRODUCTS THE BEST RESPONSE IS THANK YOU INSTEAD OF "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" IT'S COOL TO TALK SHIT WHEN YOU'RE RAPPING BUT NOT IN REAL LIFE. WHEN YOU MEET LITTLE WAYNE IN PERSON HE'S THE NICEST GUY FOR EXAMPLE. I JUST WANNA BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM. I NEED TO JUST GET PAST MYSELF. DROP THE BRAVADO AND JUST MAKE DOPE PRODUCT. EVERYTHING IS NOT THAT SERIOUS. AS LONG AS PEOPLE THINK I ACT LIKE A BITCH THIS TYPE OF SHIT WILL HAPPEN TO ME. I GOT A LONG ROAD AHEAD OF ME TO MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE I'M NOT ACTUALLY A HUGE DOUCHE BUT I'M UP FOR THE CHALLENGE. I'M SURE THERE'S GRAMMATICAL ERRORS IN THIS... THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW IT'S ME!

Superconductor is one of the more poorly-remembered acts of the indie 90s, on account of its willful "obscurity" (travel within a cultural circuit too foreshortened to accomodate its more-or-less stated ambitions as the nine-piece of the *Heavy With Puppy* single) and unapologetic orientation towards the Canadian cultural matrix. *Hit Songs For Girls*, the first of two LPs, features even more aggressive figuration than the brutalism of "Bushpilot"; as Nomeansno listeners can anticipate, these songs are quite definitely not concerned with "treasured moments". Even if you have worse friends than the detritus of consumer culture, what one can "brew" from the lees and scum allowed the ordinary youth is really something "not worth having", i.e. aiming at creating a "notional" distance between exploiter and exploited as we know them from our occasionally none-too-carefully-scripted "personal" lives; this is a product not to expose the most durable suavity to.

Yeah, I guess I should have known it was a foolish idea to try and apply science to Spray. Maybe it was because "Thinker" started this thread that I had the idea in the first place.

I have other Spray-worthy opinions as to why the Spray hose has developed a kink in it that are not based on research, just my gut feeling. But...nah, forget it.

If you keep talking like that this thread will go down the toilet fast and get moved out of spray. I like the idea, though.

But seriously, it doesn't sound like there was any singular event that's responsible for my observation. I was hoping there was some juicy and well-suppressed gossip like a big chunk of the users got fed up with something and started their own board again....or servers crashing so often that it's not worth messing with. I'm truly glad to see things rolling along at their own mellow pace.

Good to see some of the old regulars dropping by!

Paul, I still haven't forgiven you for that comment about "oogling women" at the Red Mill that day!...or was that a compliment....I don't recall at this point.