NSW (naked pics) Let your freak flag fly!

billcoe

For many this weekend, it was the best of times, and it was the worst of times. In a weekend that saw a young man and woman's untimely demise, it's worth it for all of us to take a moment to think of whats important to us. How can we optimize our all too short and fleeting ephemeral existence, and to revel in the strength and beauty of our youth? For this too will pass all too soon for us all dear reader. The late great Michael Reardon believed that a nude climbing club would be an interesting idea and he formed one. Frequently that great climber would just shed his inhibitions and let his freak flag fly. Naked pics abound of him free soloing up to 5.11. This tradition goes back to the earliest roots of east coast climbing with the Vulgarians setting standards in the 50's and the great climb of Shockley's Ceiling by Dick Williams buck-assed naked. news_vulgarian.jpg This ascent has been repeated many times by others emulating an original.

Young Adam knows none of this. Yet he follows in the path of the greats in the finest style as if it's his nature. The challenge tossed out by his buddy Jesse on the FA of the crack to the left led to the buttress being named "The Bare Buttress and the first route being named "Adam's Crack". In this case, the "Stone Nudes" calender was being discussed and Jesse said "How come no guys do the naked calender thing", Adam says "I would", Jesse replys "dude you're too chicken" "No Way" Adam responded and whoosh, off went the clothes, and up he went (January with snow still on the ground here and there and the wind blowing!)... and there it was. http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/865271/Opinons_needed_thread_NSFW#Post865271 The obvious lines on both sides of Adams Crack were named "The Left Cheek and of course "The Right Cheek." Here's some pictures of Adam on the FA of "The Right Cheek" this Saturday, which if you had to ask where this was, you would be told that "The Right Cheek" is located just to the Right of "Adams Crack", as you can clearly see. :ass: Old school bowline on a coil worked as a harness for a 5.10B all gear first ascent.

Resized_Adam_FA_Right_Cheek_1a.jpg

resized_Adam_FA_right_Cheek_3.jpg

resized_Adam_FA_right_Cheek_7.jpg

resized_Adam_FA_Right_Cheek_9.jpg

resized_Adam_FA_Right_Cheek_13.jpg

resized_Adam_FA_Right_Cheek_18.jpg

resized_Adam_FA_Right_Cheek_24.jpg

resized_Adam_FA_Right_Cheek_34.jpg

Regards to all, live life to the fullest, you only have one go round.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

several years ago a friend was trying to pull together a naked climbing calender. I have some of the pics from it. I need to dig those out and post 'em. about half are dudes, but I am sure the ladies (and raindawg) will appreciate the sausage.

• 1 month later...

Looking at your pic Shapp reminds me of climbing with Dan Graff in the Wallowas. In spring or summer, unless there was inclement weather, after a climb on the hike out he'd always suggest we strip and dive into whatever pool was available in the creek we were hiking next too....I'd always look at that glacial water dubiously but probably stripped naked and jumped in at least 10 times anyway....

Penelope

Penolope_small.jpg

Here's Adams dog Penelope. He brought her along to Jimmies trying to coax the cougar that's stalked a few of us out of the woods. Since my knee is all shit right now, he let me dog sit and take pics while he and Kenny ran up Jimmies Favorite at Jimmies.