Climbers' Spring Picnic 2009

mattp

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh it was all Matt on this one. He's the spring climbing picnic maestro. I just showed up and enjoyed the company and slides, drank everyones refreshments, ate all the food, and started slandering everyone there.

Thanks Matt! And thanks Wayne, Steph, Sara, and PI Reporter (or possibly someone from the US Government posing as a reporter????)

And thanks to Bill on the grill. And to who ever brought that carrot cake. And those chips. And that whole roasted pig that was suspected but not infected with influenza.

Whua?

You mean, I could have been climbing instead?

I told David that when I got off the ferry about 5:15, I did the math... figured I could just high tail it out to North Bend, get in a few pitches, and still be to the picnic by 9pm. Unfortunately, though, I saw the traffic and my plans were thwarted. Straight to Woodland Park I came... via a circuitous, trial-and-error-riddled approach. Next year, I'll know...

Thanks for the invite, it was great to meet you all!

-Sara.

Edited by saragrace

Julie brought the carrot cake. She is the one who invented Climber's Picnic though I quizzed her about this and she said "well it wasn't really me. I mean, I just lived in this house and we were social..." Anyway, it was Julie's picnic when I first attended one - at this same picnic shelter, roughly 25 years ago.

My first. I am no longer a virgin! ;)

Matt Nice to see you again and thanks for all the work you put into it.

I was late, I didn't show till 30 minutes before the slide-show started. I got to see some folks I have not seen in a while and got to meet a few new ones. Unfortunately didn't get to meet a whole lot. Oh well, Next time.

The slide show was great as expected! Wayne as usual kicked ass! And well what can we say about the gals? They rocked even more! (oops sorry wayne ;))

Glad I went. Next time I may come earlier so I can mingle more!

Edited by tazz

Thanks all. Once again I got to meet a few folks I've previously only met on line and maybe some climbing plans will come of it. A tip of the hat to our slideshow presenters, the grillmaster, and those who helped clean up. I stopped by this morning and didn't find where anybody had left their wallet or a stray piece of clothing behind but there were a few homeless guys in there asking what the He## was I doing in THEIR shelter.

• 2 months later...