Beta for the Dolomites, Val di Mello,& Chamonix?

I'm thinking of heading to Europe and traveling across northern Italy into Switzerland and northern France in June and July. Can anyone recommend guide books in English for their favorite trad or alpine areas in this region? I was thinking of going to the Dolomites, Val di Mello, and Chamonix. Are there any other can't miss spots along the way?

Thanks,

Alex

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For Dolomites, there are 2 that I know of. First is the "select climbs" by Memmel & Kohler (translated into couple languages incl. Eng.) and then there's the more comprehensive, 2 volume (east & west I think) by....gotta check at home. I think for first time visit, the former is more than enough.

You can't go wrong with "One Hundred Finest climbs In The Alps" by Gaston Rebuffat. Also check out the link below. Although the initial URL is the French Alps,navigate around, everything is covered, Austria, Italy, etc. Hundreds of photos, routes, guidebooks, links to weather and glacier conditions. Alps

Edited by Mtguide