Party's Over? YOU BETCHA!

StevenSeagal

Looks like Caribou Barbie better think about "Alaska First" instead of "Country First" in 2010:

Link

Now that the corruption case against former Sen. Ted Stevens has been dropped, Alaska Rep. Don Young wants Stevens to run for governor — a move that would set up a Republican primary between the veteran lawmaker and Sarah Palin, if she decides to seek a second term in 2010.

"Personally I'd like to see him run for governor, and that's my personal feeling," Young told the Alaska Public Radio Network on Thursday.

Young and Palin aren't exactly political pals. Palin endorsed a Republican primary challenger against Young in 2008, and during her vice presidential campaign the Alaska governor refused to publicly back Young's re-election bid while federal investigators looked into his dealings with an oil company.

I'm just guessing, but not exactly the folks she wants to have for opponents.

On another note, especially good is this:

Other top Alaska Republicans, including Palin and Alaska GOP chairman Randy Ruedrich, said Thursday that Democratic Sen. Mark Begich should step aside so a new vote can be held now that the charges against Stevens have been dropped by the Justice Department.

Absolutely! I mean, after OJ was acquitted in 1994, I thought they should have given him his sportscasting job back. I mean, he was found innocent. :tup::rolleyes:

Doesn't matter though-

Young dismissed those demands, calling them "a lot of noise."

"Sen. Begich, in all due respect, won the race," he said. "There is no other recourse. He has taken office, he is now the new senator."

Not to mention that he's the only gov't official mentioned in the article that hasn't had a corruption case launched against him. Love the choices AK voters have.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even OJ was acquitted by a jury, Stevens merely had charges dropped due to prosecutorial misconduct. I think his attorney is the only person who's had the chutzpah to suggest this means Stevens is innocent. They've got him on tape for pete's sake, that's even better than a bloody glove.

Even OJ was acquitted by a jury, Stevens merely had charges dropped due to prosecutorial misconduct. I think his attorney is the only person who's had the chutzpah to suggest this means Stevens is innocent. They've got him on tape for pete's sake, that's even better than a bloody glove.

Stevens will be helping OJ look for the real murderer