Mutineers at Vantage?

kayfire

Does anyone know if it’s true that the Mutineers’ :crazy: crag class will be at Vantage Saturday and Sunday (April 4-5)? I’m legitimately curious because a Mutineers class was there a few weeks ago and it was a bit of a clusterfuck/dufus fest; 15 neophytes and 5 idiot instructors, all wearing gators, convertible pants, and helmets adorned with duct tape and the wearer’s name in big black letters, all mobbing the area’s most popular routes. In general the area was busy, so I had to wait to climb some routes, but the routes the Mutineers were mobbing were unavailable all day. I guess there’s nothing, per se, wrong with hijacking a route for an entire day, it’s just annoying; hence, if this ridiculous group is going to be there, I’d rather stay away.

BTW, isn’t Vantage kind of a fucked up place for a “crag” class? What’s being taught exactly? How to clip bolts? How to clip one or two daisys to a hanger affixed to a Rawl 5-piece? I mean, there is some great trad at Vantage (IMHO), but most of it is going to be too difficult for most folks in a crag class (also, there really--IMHO--isn’t enough real estate when it come to “easy” trad routes, so it’s not an ideal place to teach a (large) class).

baa baa baa baa baa baa baa baa baa

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awful big talk from a guy waiting to do a 5.7 route, as we all know, the mounties class probably won't get past the Feathers. I have a solution, man-up and do some routes harder than a .9 and I can guarantee you there will be no class of students holding you up. Even on at the Feathers there are a few 9's and 10's that I almost never see students doing.

Stop whining.

Or head all the way down over toward the river.

Last time I was out there, the parking lot was full, so there were quite a few folks in the general area.

I think we saw all of two other people all day down on 'our' part of the wall. Had it totally to ourselves. It was a fun day of 5.7 to 5.9 sport and one 5.7 gear route.

The new guide book is great for getting away from the more well known routes (like those listed in Weekend Rock)......

To answer the OP's question, YES.

Rumor has it that there will be folks aiding out there as well. (And yes, if you think free climbing choss is shitty, aiding it is worse.)

WTF, why would you want to aid at Vantage!? Geez!

Probably the same F*n reasons you want to go there.

Rumor has it that there will be folks aiding out there as well. (And yes, if you think free climbing choss is shitty, aiding it is worse.)

Ok, now that makes sense. :crazy:

Ok, now that makes sense. :crazy:

Nice! Get slammed 4 times early, then a couple of somewhat helpful answers, who give you the bonus-insult of making you look like a jackass through actual responses, and you choose to respond to....

Edited by pinner