Book - Holding Fast: The Untold Story of the Mount

ScaredSilly

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

that was the worst storm in a decade? what does that even mean?

so did you read the book silly? did it include new jersey boy asking for safety tips here and then getting pissy when he got them? the actual posts dissapeared into the memory hole back in 06 of course, but they were classic!

Edited by ivan

Yeah, I admit I read it, just because I love reading stuff about our local peaks, and I had a morbid curiosity about what went wrong. The God card gets waaaayyy overblown....as if God had this all planned out. Uhhh, no, it's pretty simple really.....they underestimated what they were getting into, under packed, got a very late start with weather moving in, and hadn't done their proper research regarding how to get off the summit via the south side (dog route).

I feel bad for anyone that goes through that of course, but the whole message that somehow this was God's plan is tiresome hogwash.

Yeah, I admit I read it, just because I love reading stuff about our local peaks, and I had a morbid curiosity about what went wrong. The God card gets waaaayyy overblown....as if God had this all planned out. Uhhh, no, it's pretty simple really.....they underestimated what they were getting into, under packed, got a very late start with weather moving in, and hadn't done their proper research regarding how to get off the summit via the south side (dog route).

I feel bad for anyone that goes through that of course, but the whole message that somehow this was God's plan is tiresome hogwash.

I hadn't read it, but from the earlier press releases, it sounded to me like the wife still hadn't come to grips with it and was writing the book to sort it all out. Hope the family's can finally find some peace, and if it's through God: why not?

Late start? What time is it? OMG! CYA