anyone done the AAI 6 day baker course?

superB

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you looking to get out of it? There has got to be several people on this board who actually taught the course. (self included)

I like to think it is a worthwhile course but it depends on where you are starting and what you want to learn. If you have no experience with alpine or glaciated mtn climbing then it is very worthwhile.

• 2 weeks later...

I did AAI's 6 day north cascades trip back in 1999. Part of it was having excellent instructors (which could vary even within the same company), but it was a very valuable experience and made me feel comfortable going into the mountains, crossing glaciers, etc. - the nuts and bolts you need to start doing more technical routes. I always recommend doing one of these courses for the beginners.

I did the AAI 6 day ice climbing class on Baker back in...1991? I had the privilege of learning lots of cool stuff from Alan Kearney, with just one other customer. Worth the $ for sure.

The Spokane Mountaineers climbing school is very good for noobs also. But you have to be a member and it takes a lot of commitment. As it should be.