alchohol combo for kayak trip?

I am going sea kayaking for a week in Alaska this summer and have to pack relatively low volume, but still need to have ample booze. Any suggestions for mixers/drink combos which pack down smallish and that a couple girls might like? (giggity giggity!) (wife is one of them... :crazy:) (nothin' too girlie though! I still gotta drink it too)

Also planning on bringing along some box/bagged wine. I am not much of a connesure of box wine, so any suggestions on some good kinds or what to avoid would be welcome.

I know a few of you are experts on the topic!

Edited by 111

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm telling you that there people that will tell you to drink Jim Bean Black. That stuff is paint thinner.

I can say that if you get caught in the wind and big waves to break out the licker and drink it all then. That way you won't lose it if you capsize. Also: STAY WITH THE BOAT.

freeze dried beer... packs down small, and rehydrates easily.

There's your million dollar idea if you can make it work!

It will probably taste like shit, just like those freeze dried bags o' food backpackers insist on buying and somehow eating.

I don't think that I have the patience to try to develop it either, I would just get bore and drink the beer.

I dont want to deal with glass bottles at all with the wine. weight and lack of compressibility when empty are issues.

But they have multi use possibilities. You can use them as pee bottles. You never mistake it for your nalgene. Or you could summon rescue by scratching a note on a candy bar wrapper, and insert it in bottle and corks and send it down river. Or you could shoot them for some after drinks fun.