spanish or chinese?

ivan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd vote Spanish, lots of chances to use it all the time.

i have to agree with bill... you don't have to mortgage the homestead to go to mexico. not quite the same as book spanish but close enough... besides once you learn one romance lanaguge it is easier to learn the rest...that opens France Italy and then start working on Latin.

Q: Why do you speak English with a Chinese accent?

A: My English teacher had a Chinese accent.

me no engresh

if my daugher takes chinese i'm afeared i'm gonna have to stop refering to all asians as "goddamn chinamen" :)

Q: Why do you speak English with a Chinese accent?

A: My English teacher had a Chinese accent.

me no engresh

if my daugher takes chinese i'm afeared i'm gonna have to stop refering to all asians as "goddamn chinamen" :)

you mean the carpet pissers?

Not at an educated level.

Who cares, how often do you speak English at an educated level? i would guess it's quite rare. (I mean we are on an internet forum where slang is comun y corriente)

Put her in the spanish program. Every kid in the US should be fluent in spanish by high school. And Spain (as well as Mexico) has way better climbing than China.

Every kid in the US should be fluent in spanish by high school. And Spain (as well as Mexico) has way better climbing than China.

Yeah, climbing should be the basis for your foreign language choice. Dumbass.

Based on who our trading partner - and largest geopolitical rival is - I vote for Chinese.

Kids can learn enough Spanish to converse with their housekeeper or the guy selling tacos at the drive-up trunk at work by listening to a few tapes in the car.

koz--dumbass? really? the best insult you could muster. also nice job taking my comment about spanish climbing being superior out of context. if you have read the thread Ivan specifically asked which would be of greater benefit to have his daughter learn for guiding/climing reasons. dumbass.

and those housekeepers and guys selling tacos on the street are the fastest growing ethnic population in the US. Mexico is our closest neighbor and a huge trading partner as well (granted not close to China). Apart from Mexico there are 20 other spanish speaking countries, that's a lot of people one can talk to and places to travel through knowing Spanish. China is not our largest geopolitical rival, that would be japan.

So no climbing isn't the basis for my statement but it sure is a plus, esp if one is inclined to clip some bolts on steep limestone. Oh and will be studying in Spain this next spring, bet you can't guess why I chose Spain over other spanish speaking countries...

Every kid in the US should be fluent in spanish by high school. And Spain (as well as Mexico) has way better climbing than China.

Yeah, climbing should be the basis for your foreign language choice. Dumbass.

Why not? It's your own basis for choosing a website for spewing right wing political talking points.

:wave: