• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
SeanMC

New to the Area. Need advice!

Hey I moved to Seattle last summer and would like to get into climbing. I dont know anyone and thought maybe i could get some help. Any events? reccomendations? Anyone want to let me tag along?

Sean

Hey man, get to feathered friends downtown seattle, they hold rockfest in leavenworth early april, there are clinics and pro's most importantly beer and a chance to mingle with locals. that's where I got my start, and met my yoda, who made me a jedi...

Post in the "partners" forum of this board, or show up for what we hope to be some after work climbing outings as the season unfolds.

If you state what you are interested in climbing, and respond honestly to inquiries, and then show up when you said you would and ready to climb what you said you wanted to do, you can make partners around here pretty easy.

You cant swing a dead cat and not hit a climber here. Check out the climbing gyms. I will be at Stone Gardens thurs 5pm then a secret after-party nearby.

Hey man, get to feathered friends downtown seattle, they hold rockfest in leavenworth early april, there are clinics and pro's most importantly beer and a chance to mingle with locals. that's where I got my start, and met my yoda, who made me a jedi...

This is a good way to meet climbers in a great climbing area. It is a little over-organized for many but it still provides opportunities to people new to the area and /or new to the sport.

PS. The good people on this board outnumber the assholes.