"Bolivia, July, 2002"

Ken_Abeldt

I'm looking for climbing partners to join a non-comercial, un-guided trip to "The Andes of Bolivia". This will be a 3-week trip. I'd like to spend the first 2-days in La Paz, relaxing, checking it out, & making arrangements. Then head to Copacabana (4-hrs. by bus). Stay the night & enjoy this town on the southern shores of Lake Titicaca. Next, hike to Yampupata (4-hrs.), then jump on a rowboat for a short ride to Isla del Sol. We'll spend 2-days exploring this wonderful little island, then back to La Paz, for what we came for "The Mountains". I'd like to spend 14 to 16-days attempting the following peaks: Pequeno Alpamayo (17,618ft.), in The Condoriri Group, this will be a fantastic area to acclimatize in & also a great mountain to climb! Next, Huayna Potosi (19,974ft.), some guide books describe this mountain as one of the easier (6,000m.) peaks, but I think this will be a good mountain to step-up the altitude a little. Finally, Illimani (21,125ft.), which dominates the views from the capital city of La Paz, & is the most sought after peak in Bolivia! All 3 of these mountains are in The Cordillera Real Range & are only 2 or 3 hours from La Paz. Feel free to contact me with questions or suggestions at: jandk@access995.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey! Scott, The most expensive thing is going to be the airfare. The cheapest we've found is Ameican Airlines for $1,200 round trip. I'm thinking about $1,000 for the three weeks, but would suggest maybe $1,500 just in-case your having too much fun! Adios! Elwood