A little help

CraigA

Hey, I'm looking for someone to help show me the ropes...so to speak. Basically this is where I'm at: I have some gear and have done a little (very little) actual climbing. By actual I mean out on real rock and not in a gym. Gym climbing I have done quite a bit.

I am looking for someone who would be willing to hook up with me and show me a few of the basics. For example; the correct way to set up a top rope and leading a bolted route. I have read some books, but would really feel more comfortable having someone who knows what there doing help me out. I am extremely anxious to get to it and my patience is running out. I have someone I am going to do some climbing with later this spring and summer, but I would like to go into that with at least a little experience.

I have been alpine climbing and love it but I want to do some rock climbing this year also. I would really like someone in the Vancouver/Portland area who would be willing to hook up during the week after work. I get off work between 2-3PM Mon.-Fri. I know there is no "world-class" climbing in or around the Portland area, but like I said I'm just wanting to learn the basics.

Anywho, I could ramble on and on but if you think you might be able and willing to help me please contact me.

Desperately wanting to go vertical,

CraigA cool.gif" border="0 golf4fun72@attbi.com

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: CraigA ]

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic