Do you need a ride to Red Rocks?

cycling_mike

My buddy & I and a few other climbers are driving a full sized yellow school bus to Red Rocks from Portland. We're leaving the weekend of the 21st and returning the 27th or 28th. We urgently need more folks to come along!

we're fun, climb at all different levels (.9-.12) need more participants in this adventure

ok, lets do this

-Michael

smichaelgriffin*at*gmail

7O62O71612

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds like a hoot! .. but not to rain on your parade:

About a month ago they had flights to Red Rocks for 28 bucks each way.

The idea of a school bus would be cool, but you'd spend more on gas then you would on a low budget expedition to Pakistan. Or you could make a trip to Red Rocks every year for five years and stay at the Bellagio.

If you said you were leaving the 21st and and returning on the 27th of the same month.

Check out the limestone around that region, you may never go back to Red Rocks again.

the price of gas in Vegas is about the same as here (WA/OR) but everywhere else its cheaper. a friend who was down that way not long ago said gas in UT was $1.65/gal! I think prices here have dropped since then so I am sure they have dropped there too.

I think it was pointed out before about those cheap flghts that those listed prices are before taxes and fees are added, which can double or even triple the price, still a good deal but you arent going to be paying only $28, more like $100. and if you fly then you still have to rent a car for the time you are there adding to the cost of a flying trip.

I dont think you would have to have too many people on the bus before the cost per person is affordable/attractive. but then once you get down there with a whole bunch of people they you have to figure out how to get everyone to the different climbing areas if everyone doesnt want to go to the same trailhead/area. whatever.

how many people do you have going so far?

As I just posted on the main forum, I'm driving down tomorrow morning, March 18 from Bellingham to Las Vegas and would be interested in having a passenger willing to split gas. I get 23 miles to the gallon.

Call me if you are interested, 360-927-1551. (don't just post an answer as I probably won't see it)

Peace,

Andy