Revised: Climbing Partners

NadiavonMagdenko

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Sparky:
So, are all the males on this site pathetically lonely for female companionship, or are they all just inept? You gotta wonder, with all of the weak responses to this gals request for a climbing partner.
confused.gif" border="0

Seems hard to draw the conclusion people are pathetically lonely when they aren't falling over themselves to take this gal out, right? confused.gif" border="0

Inept is another issue though... [Moon][Moon]

Vegetable dude, he say: "Seems hard to draw the conclusion people are pathetically lonely when they aren't falling over themselves to take this gal out, right?

I think that part of the problem is, that with all the phony internet names or "avatars" floating around, people have become skeptical and cautious. Some might be be thinking that our new friend Nadia could be just another smart-ass dude trolling for suckers.

I agree with icegirl: Nadia: show up at one of these pub-club things and meet people in-person. It will give you a much better idea about who you're dealing with. Otherwise, good luck.

[big Drink]confused.gif" border="0

i got one thing to say too sparky......whatever dude!!!

1st of all this nadia person pm'ed me at the suggestion of some canadian chap, and started asking some harmless questions...i answered them(why not i'm at work)

but she(?!~) comes to the conclusion that i am a soloer and thats what i was going to show her(?!~) to do!?!?!?! but whatever for that too, cause it ain't no 'g' thang............

OK, I see you've changed you're original post. We'll need confirmation from 2 cc.com regulars to verify that indeed... wink.gif" border="0 ....oh, nevermind. The Pub Clubs are Tuesday nights and usually advertised in the "Climber's Board". Apparantly tomorrow's is in Tacoma. cool.gif" border="0

[ 03-04-2002: Message edited by: vegetablebelay ]

So in order for an admittedly inexperienced woman to be assured that she'll be safe climbing with y'all, she should first meet you in a bar. That's not logical. I've climbed with several folks that I've met on this site, and yet never met them for drinks, first. I think Sparky has a good point.Makes more sense to meet her @ Barneys' Rubble than at the Swiss. [hell no][big Drink]

quote:

Originally posted by Biff:
So in order for an admittedly inexperienced woman to be assured that she'll be safe climbing with y'all, she should first meet you in a bar. That's not logical. I've climbed with several folks that I've met on this site, and yet never met them for drinks, first. I think Sparky has a good point.Makes more sense to meet her @ Barneys' Rubble than at the Swiss.
[hell no][big Drink]

Well Biff first off, I haven't seen your post volunteering to take this inexperienced person out, and secondly you are missing the point about her showing up to Pub Club. It's not so she'll feel better, rather so a potential partner will have an idea of what he/she will be getting into before giving up a treasured day off to ropegun and or instruct.

cool.gif" border="0

Veggie and Biff,

I think you have both missed the point. Good drunks usually make good climbing partners.

ie, a person's true nature comes out when they are intoxicated ( are they a mean drunk?) Also, the hypoxic brain, whether it be at altitude or alcohol induced is pretty much the same. What better way to see how your 8KM peak partner will react at altitude.

Well, veggie dude, I have offered, via PM, to go climbing with the gal. Although I've climbed for years, I dig taking out "newbies". Something about the joy of imparting the love of climbing to others just makes me misty. Whether or not they're hot.